2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week...

dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #624

• sangman
  • sangman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
went out today for the 6th day in a row this week, ya I am feeling it especially last night and this morning...somewhat nausa, but hey I have been on some hot spot sang (permission yes). Mostly 3-5 hours per day. Sang here in WNC is some yellow, some green/yellow, and still some completely green. Berry still around, even on some yellow.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #626

Sounds good!! Its over up here in Minnesota,,,we have had a couple of frost so everything in the woods is dying,,,most ground plants are down,,,woods covered with gold, yellow and red leaves,,guess I gotta wait till next year!

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #628

• sangman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
its always interesting here in WNC with the sang season. Yes over Nov. 1 officially, but before then sometimes it gets hard to find, but sometimes can find it pretty good still. We are expected to get our first freeze tonight...sad news, but hey its been a good season.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #630

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
I have had a great season here in Ky

I hang the ole digger up this past Friday as the stems where laying on the ground in my area mostly,although there where a few still standing most was dyeing out and starting to cover over with leaves.I found approximatly 35 to 40 bunches and only 2 had a tent of green and only 8 where still standing up and those and all the others excludeinbg the 2 tinted green,where yellow to near brownish,nearly gone and then it rained hard and droped to 40 the next nite,but

I have had a great year and have dug excellent and give thanks to the good Lord for that.

Im ready to go hunt some Deer.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #632

• emperors root
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a great year in SOuthern Indiana myself, so far 7.2 pound. I started 3 years ago and i am getting smarter on conservation and better places to look. Seoson looks like it is coming to a close had are first frostlast week.

GL hope prices are goodd??//??
Attachments:

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #641

• sangman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
excited to go out today (4hrs) and tomorrow (8-10hrs), maybe for last week. Had frost sat, sun, night for really first time this fall. Im hoping this week still shows some plant. Our leaves are not at peak yet, so I would say 15% leaves have fallen so far. Suppose to be great sun, no wind, no rain for next 4 days, so sounds like I will have some opportunity still. Sitting on 4 pounds now, wanting 7-8 end of this week.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #642

• sangman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
nice job on the 7.2 lbs!. Thats around my goal this year. Im going to get it this week. Sitting on 4 lbs now.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #679

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
G/l guys on your last hunts.In my area it is gone except for a little very scattered spots and low areas which are hard to find undug,I have hung up my digger for this season I have had a blast.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #680

• sangman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
went out today for 4 hours, found about a quarter pound. Getting harder to find, but it is still around. Most were still standing, but yellow. Found a plant with some berry. I dont know if i am going to get to make it out again this week (work). But maybe friday, but suppose to rain...that will knock the leaves down. I guess I will wait and see what the weather brings. Dont think our leaves are quit at peak still yet.

Re:dug 3 pounds and 8 onces this week... 15 years 5 months ago #682

Its over here in Southwest Virginia went out last week and only found a few mostly laying down and yellow been a good year here

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 312 guests and no members online

Login