2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: This is the end...my only freind...the end....

This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5729

I thought a doors lyric seemed appropriate here for my last post for this season. The end in this case is definately my freind. As much as I love the hills, I'm done. I have 12 different kinds of chiggers and geesh if my mosquito bite collection was worth money I'd be rich. I'm not even going to tell you about my feet!! I had a fair season with root collecting this year (seen better) I have logged 48 days digging seal and cohosh, and 12 good seng hunts. My wife seems to think I'll be back out there but I'm pretty sure I'm ready to call it a season. I'll be hibernating in my shop all winter. Take care fellas. See ya in the spring with a ramp report.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5730

I hate when this happens.
Attachments:

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5731

Ya'll like paw paws ??
Attachments:

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5733

This is what happens when you look too hard !!

If hindsite was 20/20 I'd been sharing my wifes oil of oley !
Attachments:

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5734

Some fun stuff we found along the way.
Attachments:

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5735

nice pa,looks like you had fun..ground looks dry there too.

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5736

The only day I went out this season with my wife I found this beauty on a path in a powerline clearcut. We weren't having a good day (only dug maybe 5 seng in a hour and a half) when I came up on a huge 4 prong sittin all by itself, counted 47 neck scars (this was just 100 feet or so from where I found my last seng last season it too was a huge 4 prong, but not much seng was found there in that general area except those two. We turned out of those woods to a powerline clearcut heading for hopefully greener pastures (well woods) and with my eyes glued to the dirt and (out of habit)hunted flint as long as I can remember) there was the base of this pc sticking out as I pulled it out I prayed it was complete and it was. There are lots of Indian sites where I hunt seng along \"the racoon\" So while we didn't find much more that day in the way of seng i was very happy with the hunt a nice point, 47 year old seng, lunch with my wife on a high hilltop overlooking the creek a mile deep, well worth it.
Attachments:

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5737

Yeah cheif its been pretty dry, while we have had a rainy day or so lately and a tornado come through, it's still very dry. Most seng I dug this weekend looked like these and the stems came right off with the slightest touch.
Attachments:

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5739

Pa, thats what most of mine look like.I think its going to be a short season this year in a lot of places.......

Re:This is the end...my only freind...the end.... 13 years 7 months ago #5740

The letters on my hat stand for....

All Day I Dreamed About Sengin

I guess you'd have to know the old joke to get that
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 133 guests and no members online

Login