2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What’s the rumors??

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 8 months ago #41193

Well it’s close to that time fellers what are some of y’all hearing on some prices for 2018?? Southwest Virginia I’m hearing a lot of rumors floating around saying looking like might get good payday this fall time will tell!! Sangs up good around here been plenty rain spring and summer berries starting to turn nights getting cooler man I love this time of yr!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 8 months ago #41195

Way too early to even entertain the price rumor mill. A lot can happen in the next 30-45 days.

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 8 months ago #41196

CarlM wrote: Way too early to even entertain the price rumor mill. A lot can happen in the next 30-45 days.

Very true friend time will tell.. hope it’s good heard be paying better around here for green sang this yr.. don’t make no difference to me either way not got much work coming anytime soon after next couple weeks..how I live in wintertime A lot of yrs depends on sang prices..

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 8 months ago #41222

Here's hoping you have a good year and prices are strong!

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 8 months ago #41224

good luck to you Carl..

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 7 months ago #41258

10 more days to Sept 1.

thought I would bump this one up again.

I have not heard anything on prices yet, have not checked with any dealers.

Any of you folks heard any news yet... good or bad ?

TNHunter

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 7 months ago #41259

Haven't heard anything here in Tennessee, but haven't checked with my buyer either. I always sell mine dry, and usually don't sell until mid to late november. I hope everyone that sells green or dry gets a good and fair price this year.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 7 months ago #41260

Spoke with one of my buyers earlier this week. Trying to decide if I’m going to sell my sang green or dry it out and chance it with the market... after speaking to him I believe that I’m going to sell all of my sang dry. He believes that market is going to be a little stronger that last year particularly in the early part of the season. Also said that he sees a solid price of $650 for good dry sang... his word has been good enough for me for nearly 30 years now.

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 7 months ago #41267

Well expect 15% less than what it would have been as China has put a 15% tariff on American ginseng for wild and cultivated and may impose a additional 10%. So the Chinese buyers will be factoring in another 15-25% on top of what they pay to buy to determine their total cost. Based on that and the fact Korea prefers green I'd assume since Korea hasn't added a tariff to ginseng that the green would be worth more. Mines staying in the ground again this year.

What’s the rumors?? 5 years 7 months ago #41268

Hope everyone who decides to dig this year doesn't get rear ended, good luck all!

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 248 guests and no members online

Login