2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: opening day...

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40499

finally talked myself into going today..my heart wasn't in it..my oldest sister lives near melbourn FL. she is 76 years old and lives alone....i tried talking her into leaving for a week now..but she refused..just couldn't get her off my mind today..anyway I went or thought I was going ..got to the woods ..it was hotter than the hubs of hell..got about 200 yards in and found a digable 4 pronger..pounded my digger into the concrete like soil...then snapped the handle out of my digger..said to heck with it and came home.going to try tomorrow evening I guess when I get my digger repaired...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40502

Chief, we have some friends in the ft lauderdale area who chose to ride it out as well. I don't think the storm was quite as bad as they thought it was gonna get, still pretty bad though. Hope all is well with your sister. We're gettin some rain here in east tennessee from the whole mess. Gonna hit the woods tomorrow if it works it's way out by morning. Hope you get that digger fixed.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40504

thanks 44..she said it was the worst one she rode out in 50 years down there...I lost touch with her at 10 oclock last night ..she called me at 2 this afternoon and said she was fine considering she had 90 mph wind last night..glad your friends are ok...got the digger fixed ..17 oz. this evening..out of that many only two were still green....

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40506

Had a couple hours to hunt tonight so I went to a spot that I hadn't been to in probably 10 years. Started to somewhat remember some familiarities about the woods and the knees were feeling pretty good so I decided to climb to the ridge. Wasn't long after I got up there when I ran across this beautiful patch of sang. All said and done there were over 40 plants with several nice 4's and 3's. Dug about 30 plants and topped off 10-15 plants. Felt really good to not take all of them out of there and leave plenty of sang to regenerate the patch. Felt truly blessed this evening to be a ginsenger as I know all of you are as well. Continued good luck to all this season.
Attachments:

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40507

Sorry guys picture is grayed out. I will resend it tomorrow from my office computer

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40509

always interested in seeing your pic.s Jim....sounds like you had a good evenings hunt...

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40510

Hey fella's here's a picture of the patch I was telling you guys about.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by TNhunter.

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40511

Nice little patch. Great to see the seng is pretty much normal for this time of year. Being in NY and not able to see the woods myself, always brings on a little anxiety of the unknown. Looks like I'll be hitting it just right coming in on the 16th. Keep on digging!

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40512

Iam not going to get to go today..going to hit it tomorrow..most likely will be one of my last hunts for this year..plants are about done here..a pounding rain or high wind and it will be over..lots of leaves falling now ..most of the vegetation is dying off now....

opening day... 6 years 7 months ago #40529

Great going Chief you done great even with ur drought. I hope tomorrow is your best day. Don't forget ur jack hammer. Lol.
Jim that's a beautiful bed u found there.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and no members online

Login