2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Hob's 2017 season

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40482

that's some good looking stuff Hob.what a long necker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40522

Hobbler..

It amazes me the root size you get up there.

I dug 3 lbs 1.5 oz of green sang on my "best ever" trip... but I bet there was 500-600 roots in that pile. I can tell you for sure I was worn out after that days digging. Had blisters, busted open on both hands.

You are getting 3 lbs out of 60 roots. That is just hard for me to imagine.

You got it made up there brother.... if you ever come down south here you would really have to work to get that 3 lbs in your bag :-)

Hope you dig a bunch more. Good Luck

TNHunter

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40532

Thx tn I'd have to say it's due to the location. And because all if the rain this spring n summer seems like it brings out those old dormant roots. I don't think I've dug this many big roots. Tn 500 roots to make 3 lbs wow that's crazy. My hand would be killing me. Man if I could find that many in a day up here I'd die from being so happy n laughing to much. It usually takes about 80 avg roots to make a lb here. This yr been crazy big taters.

Last Edit: by Hobler666shang.

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40533

Here's Sundays dig. Another pile of roots
Attachments:

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40539

good job hobler, still killing it I see. You must have some really killer virgin territory up there. We had more rain this year as well, and man can you tell the difference. Lots of nice young patches too, plantin lots of berries. Nice harvest, keep it up.

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40542

another great dig.Hob..hope you keep them big ones coming...

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40660

Looks like u guys r still hitting it up really good. Happy to see that I've hung up the old shang bag lots to do before hunting season gets here. Have had to round up this yrs calves for the grass feed calf sale n a couple cows that needed to go.
I had the Amish come n tear down are 100 yr old barn this spring she only had a couple yrs left before she fell down n have been building one in it place. Most of my shang money has funded this project except school closed for my kids. Today I finally got the roof on. Pics to follow have to resize them. Keep digging my friends. Happy hunting to you all.

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40661

I hate when work gets in the way of fun...glad your getting your work done Hob.

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40662

Here's pic of the barn going up.
Attachments:

Hob's 2017 season 6 years 6 months ago #40663

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.639 seconds

Who's Online

We have 417 guests and no members online

Login