2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone Else have odd habits when digging.

Re:Anyone Else have odd habits when digging. 9 years 6 months ago #32377

I always pray for my family and all others that may be in the woods then my safety and the success of my hunt. From the time i started squirrel and deer hunting and even morel I always did this. Also I thank God every time if find one lol I thought I was alone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Anyone Else have odd habits when digging. 9 years 6 months ago #32384

me and my wife are a team. we go out together every time without fail. we are each others eyes, ears, support and defense out there miles in the deep Appalachian woods. In ten years of seng digging we have never drove to look for spots. We say a prayer of safety and to be safe from bees, snakes and bears....then we walk right off our driveway into the thick of thousands of acres of no mans lands. We walk for miles chatting, making future plans for our kids n family, take in the beauty of these glorious mountains. We always spend about 6 hours out there and never come home with less than a wet pound of old roots. When we stumble upon a plant or patch we always dig with care, our hands, never sticks or foreign objects. After the root is harvested we always kiss the plant on one of its prongs and say thank you. Take the red berries and squeeze them, lay them on the soil and cover them with a dense layer of leaf foliage. we also stumble upon patches of toe heads and cut the stalks so no young pecker head comes through and tries to harvest our babies. That's our odd habit.... thanks for reading...

Re:Anyone Else have odd habits when digging. 9 years 6 months ago #32393

Paul said it like this in Romans 1:20...

For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse.

John in Revelations 5

Then I saw in the right hand of him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, “Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?” But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.

You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth.”

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they were saying:

“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!”

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power,for ever and ever!”

The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

===

When I am deep in the woods I do my best to hear that sound that John heard... It is there - you just have to listen for it.

Then join in... With all of creation - I sing your praises !

TNhunter

Re:Anyone Else have odd habits when digging. 9 years 6 months ago #32553

I can't say I have any real odd habits. I jump easily everytime a twig snaps (I must be expecting to be eaten by a grizzly). But I did enjoy reading all of yours.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 402 guests and no members online

Login