2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: last dig for me this season

Re:last dig for me this season 9 years 5 months ago #32557

Hawk84 wrote:

I just had my last dig also, I have deer hunted and morel hunted as well as small game since I was around 8. But this was my first year digging ginseng didn't even have a clue what it looked like, but I gotta tell you guys I fell in love with it. From now till the day I get to old to walk the hills I will be hunting and teaching my boys, when they get old enough. I think I done ok I dug about 4 pounds green. I hope to have close to 1pound and a few ounces dry. Thanks to your vids tnhunter and all of the post everyone else made about identifying and where to look. I am 100% hooked and hope to do better next year and have pictures for everyone. Good luck to the rest of you and Godbless

Awesome. It sure is addictive when you find it, and frustrating when you don't.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:last dig for me this season 9 years 5 months ago #32594

The first three times out I spent anywhere from 3 to 4 hours looking each time with no luck, then I was told it often grows where morels do and I have hunted them for over 20 years. I went to my best patch and dug 1pound 9ounces over three days it was well hidden I found 3 4 prongs the second day. Next year I will take a camera. I found over 400 legal ginseng plants this year planted hundreds of berries and left several hundred more 2 prongs for Nother year, I have always loved the outdoors and appreciated God's creation. And when I do any type of hunting I go all out and I cut no corners, I feel that is why I had such a great season. Thanks 2 everyone for posts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Who's Online

We have 170 guests and no members online

Login