2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: North Carolina High Country Seng

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 4 months ago #33868

Thanks TNhunter, happy thanksgiving to you and your family as well. It's been a confusing season to say the least for us diggers and buyers I think. Things got so high so quick here that I thought we was going to outdo last year, it was up well over 800 by the time October came and then fell back down into the 600s to 700 and then slowly rose here again. What is weirder just from monitoring topics on other states prices is you've got some states prices dropping or buyers all together quitting buying, while some states such as here in North Carolina have rose nearly 150 dollars in the last few weeks. Wish you could get some better news before giving in at that price, but hey if your like me I would hunt ginseng even if it just payed 50 dollars just for the joy of finding those big unique plants, the big money of course is an added bonus that doesn't hurt my feelings any.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 4 months ago #33870

I believe the wonky ginseng prices were due to the protests in Hong kong, which have been easing out for the last month or so.

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 9 years 4 months ago #33916

I gave in and sold mine as well, I ended up getting a little over 850/lb for mine and had a little over 4 lbs.
Probably should have held on a few more days but I was ready to sell and I just couldn't turn down that price.
Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge and experiences this year, really nice to listen in on others that share the same hobbies as I have.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving as well!

Re:North Carolina High Country Seng 7 years 6 months ago #39420

Found your old link NCmountaindigger. What a great bunch of pics there. Thanks for taking time to take pics of these awesome ginseng roots and plant tops.
NCmountaindigger wrote:

A massive 3 ounce root my buddy dug this year.

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 147 guests and no members online

Login