2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: COMING TO AN END

COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #2938

but still getting out from time to time to dig .... dug these nice ones along with some lesser sized ones .... i really enjoy digging the larger roots and seeing those big ole plants .... found one still green yesterday and a full berry cluster which shocked me ... most are just stalks ... i really wish it wouldnt end

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #2941

Nice handfull of roots shroomy! I hate to see seng season end also. Still finding some with green leaves in S Indiana,What state are you in shroomy I have forgotten?You can look at it this way Shroomy, won't be long till (shroon) season.Black and Gray morels come up here in early March.Hope you finish well, looks like you are doing very well still. Good luck

Re:COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #2951

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Very nice I dug 11 1/2 ounces today

Re:COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #2978

Huntndig- I also live in S. Indiana just wondering if your north or south of I-64 and close to highway 41 only wondering cause you said you were still finding some with green leaves. Thanks a bunch

Re:COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #3000

Bird Nerd, I am north of I-64 near Patoka Lake-French Lick area.I have seen a few plants with green leaves still, mostly low in the bottoms.In general seng season is about over but a guy can still go out and find some.Hate to see it end even though I haven't dug alot this year. From the look at this web site looks like it was a great year for alot of diggers. I hope everyone gets a good price this year got to be better than last. Huntndig

Re:COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #3002

thanks, just got back from ohio to take a look around for some sang ... nadda, nothing .... didnt even see any cohosh, solomons seal, or goldenseal ... but i did pick a fresh maitake mushroom .... im in southern indiana

ROFL AT THESE THEY ARE SANG AND NICE!!!! 14 years 5 months ago #3008

DUG THESE TODAY THEY ARE SANG AND KNOW THEY ARE TAKE A LOOK
Attachments:

Re:ROFL AT THESE THEY ARE SANG AND NICE!!!! 14 years 5 months ago #3009

AND ANOTHER PIC
Attachments:

Re:COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #3015

No doubt it's sad to see the seng season end, but it is great to see the pictures and read the tales of great digs. As a 2nd year digger I enjoy and anticipate all I can learn and see of this great venture of seng hunting. High prices or low prices, its truly about the hunt of the grand old root.

Re:COMING TO AN END 14 years 5 months ago #3018

Double, you are absolutely right! It's all about the hunt. I haven't been out for about a month as the sang died off very early around here. I'm sure I could've found some more, but I usually call it quits a few days after I start finding several bare stems. Long live the hunt of this beautiful plant.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 368 guests and no members online

Login