2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Season highlights reel for every one

Re:Season highlights reel for every one 10 years 5 months ago #25525

Honest to goodness, what most people see in that picture is not what I saw?

True Story

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Season highlights reel for every one 10 years 5 months ago #25569

on a hill side digging and looked up and a coyote was sneaking down the hill stalking me until I looked up and he seen my face then he ran up the hill like he was on fire. at first I thought he was a German shepherd. a special moment was I was digging and heard rain starting and looked up to scoot out of the woods and leaves were falling like snow around me. I found an old moonshine still left over parts, two old cars way out in the woods with big trees around them, in diff hollows, no logging road to one, one had fins on the back maybe a 57 chev, a truck cab,a powerline that was laying on the ground from the top of one ridge down and over up to the next, about 20 football fields long. some plantless buckets where someone was growing weed. some ones glasses and false teeth just laying in the leaves way off up a hollow. watched a crow and a squirrel play tag with a spoiled sandwich.

Re:Season highlights reel for every one 10 years 5 months ago #25572

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
cohoshdigger wrote:

on a hill side digging and looked up and a coyote was sneaking down the hill stalking me until I looked up and he seen my face then he ran up the hill like he was on fire. at first I thought he was a German shepherd. a special moment was I was digging and heard rain starting and looked up to scoot out of the woods and leaves were falling like snow around me. I found an old moonshine still left over parts, two old cars way out in the woods with big trees around them, in diff hollows, no logging road to one, one had fins on the back maybe a 57 chev, a truck cab,a powerline that was laying on the ground from the top of one ridge down and over up to the next, about 20 football fields long. some plantless buckets where someone was growing weed. some ones glasses and false teeth just laying in the leaves way off up a hollow. watched a crow and a squirrel play tag with a spoiled sandwich.

lol ! Finding false teeth in mtns. Now that's a conversation starter. Sounds like you have had an interesting season digging! Do you make decent money digging cohosh ? Thought about digging some this winter in my spare time.

Re:Season highlights reel for every one 10 years 5 months ago #25612

Teeth and glasses together sound quite interesting. Gotta say taking my soon was the best highlight this year, now my worst was yesterday.

Got out in some new woods, lost sight of my partner, much older man and needed to keep an eye on him for safety reasons. Well, I ran up a hillside to look for him, got to the top and stop to look around, felt a little sting on the back of my neck, looked down only to see 100's of yellow jackets coming up all around my boot, I had stepped into thier hive. Needless to say I took off, pulling of clothes and whailing about for a good 1/4 mile, stopped thinking I had gotten away, got stung more so took off again, ran about another 1/4 mile to the main road and ended up have to strip down to nothing as they had gotten into my pants, boots, shirt, everything. We counted over 20 stings last night, 11 of which were in my groin area and 4 on my head.

Now that was by far my worst highlight in years, those little punks.

Re:Season highlights reel for every one 10 years 5 months ago #25615

Have mercy, you sound like my wife. One time he she comes without her shirt, and on another trip he she came without her pants the shirt come off after that. Needless to say she dropped her hoe right in the nest both times and guess who had to go get um.

They are evil, just plain evil. LOL

gijoey1980 wrote:

Teeth and glasses together sound quite interesting. Gotta say taking my soon was the best highlight this year, now my worst was yesterday.

Got out in some new woods, lost sight of my partner, much older man and needed to keep an eye on him for safety reasons. Well, I ran up a hillside to look for him, got to the top and stop to look around, felt a little sting on the back of my neck, looked down only to see 100's of yellow jackets coming up all around my boot, I had stepped into thier hive. Needless to say I took off, pulling of clothes and whailing about for a good 1/4 mile, stopped thinking I had gotten away, got stung more so took off again, ran about another 1/4 mile to the main road and ended up have to strip down to nothing as they had gotten into my pants, boots, shirt, everything. We counted over 20 stings last night, 11 of which were in my groin area and 4 on my head.

Now that was by far my worst highlight in years, those little punks.

Re:Season highlights reel for every one 10 years 5 months ago #25617

Oh yea, I have a bag I carry that I keep my smokes, water, food, digging tools and my CAR KEYS. I dropped it within 5 feet of the nest and made it nearly a mile back to my car (with intentions of going back after dark to get the back) only to realize I can't get in my car or call my wife with extra keys because my keys and phone are in my bag.\

My partner went back to get it, not sure how he pulled it off but he was able to get the bag and only got stung twice. He was laughing so hard at me running through the woods like a mad man I don't think he cared to be honest.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 568 guests and no members online

Login