2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ginseng hunting season 2013

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26024

Good story Billy and a pile of seng! I really want to watch this show somehow after its finished up. Be careful, don't let them twist YOUR intentions into something that are not!

Thanks for sharing billy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26026

Billy, I was telling my lady that it is only going to be a matter of time before this happens. And then boom all of a sudden it did. I was telling her that I as well as many have been following your love for nature and seng hunting for some time now. I can't think of anyone that would better represent all of us woodsmen and seng hunters and growers than yourself.
I am proud of you and your family and look forward to seeing the program.
Congrats Billy / family and friends.
Latt

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26034

Hmmmm...

Looks like Billy's going to be a movie star :-)

Congradulations friend.

I have had a couple (similar contacts via my youtube channel) but I just don't want to go there since I am growing seng and well just don't want that kind of attention looking my way for that reason.

I am looking forward to the results of your venture - I know it's going to be my kind of movie.

TNhunter

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26035

Folks,
I've had the opportunity to do a ginseng hunt and spend some time with Billy this year and last season as well. We talked about all these possible opportunities that were about to come up at that time. He showed me, on his computer a well made visual intro to this upcoming series that he has talked about and I told my wife.
There was another aspect that really caught my attention as the day progressed. We started the day with two four wheelers and made our way into some pretty tough mountain country. I watched with interest as he pointed out different places that he thought would have ginseng and I watched very closely as he videoed different stages of our little adventure. I could see real quickly that not only did he know about ginseng, but he's no slouch when it comes to editing his own work in the field. It did not stop there. When we got back home there was a string of diggers lined up all the way from the road to his porch waiting to sell their freshly dug roots. He waited on client after client with an ease that would make a banker envious. I finally got to sit down with him and he showed me this already made visual intro to the series. All that I could say as I drove home to myself was:
\"What a fabulous gift this man has at doing business.\" Not only does he know his trade, but he knows how to take it to a level that would make most CEOs and movie producers envious. He sure has been a friend and he has given me something to work toward. Thanks for all that, Billy.

Your friend, and I owe you.
Hugh

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26072

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Thanks Rickyc

Thanks Huntsman

Thanks Latt :)

TN hunter I have had different ones contact me over 3 years now and not one of them interested me
until this man and his production co- came along. I think that they will help me entertain, educate,
and have a lot of fun with people who would otherwise never know me, Thanks bro.

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26073

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Sure some nice roots all big 4 prongs

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26074

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Imagine that by a log near a big four fork he just had to go it was to nice of a 4 fork to leave :)

Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 5 months ago #26075

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
He is getting to Big man seems yesterday I was watching every step he took :(
Attachments:

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26344

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thank you Hugh for such kind words I sure appreciate that and you to my friend are a great friend and fellow ginseng hunter. Thank God for you and any one who appreciates life and the Mtns as you do

Billy.

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

Folks,
I've had the opportunity to do a ginseng hunt and spend some time with Billy this year and last season as well. We talked about all these possible opportunities that were about to come up at that time. He showed me, on his computer a well made visual intro to this upcoming series that he has talked about and I told my wife.
There was another aspect that really caught my attention as the day progressed. We started the day with two four wheelers and made our way into some pretty tough mountain country. I watched with interest as he pointed out different places that he thought would have ginseng and I watched very closely as he videoed different stages of our little adventure. I could see real quickly that not only did he know about ginseng, but he's no slouch when it comes to editing his own work in the field. It did not stop there. When we got back home there was a string of diggers lined up all the way from the road to his porch waiting to sell their freshly dug roots. He waited on client after client with an ease that would make a banker envious. I finally got to sit down with him and he showed me this already made visual intro to the series. All that I could say as I drove home to myself was:
\"What a fabulous gift this man has at doing business.\" Not only does he know his trade, but he knows how to take it to a level that would make most CEOs and movie producers envious. He sure has been a friend and he has given me something to work toward. Thanks for all that, Billy.

Your friend, and I owe you.
Hugh

Re:Ginseng season 2013 10 years 4 months ago #26409

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
All these where 4 prongs that weighed from 1 1/4 ounces up to 2 1/2 ounces not 10 foot apart from each other a sweet find :)

This is the trip before the last trip, but guys I am working on a home made video that you are going to like :) something good happens in it, Billy.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Who's Online

We have 374 guests and no members online

Login