2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24274

Diggable, but still in the ground

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24277

Those are some nice looking plants 5! It is great that you are using great stewardship practices and also not giving poachers a chance to steal them!

Frank

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24279

Frank - the only reason I went on that hillside this afternoon was to plant berries and pull off tops. I just dug 2+ pounds off this hill about 3 years ago. There are a lot of scattered young 2 and 3 prongs on the hill too. Unfortunately the plants in this area already had dropped most of their berries. I was still able to get about 30- 40 planted though. Probably pinched wellover 100 tops off too, though I'm sure I didnt get them all.

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24280

Gotta luv old ones like this! Nice

Hobler666shang wrote:

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24281

Thxs guys
Thats some nice plants I like how wide ur leaves r. I need to start topping but thete isnt to many shangers around my area most of the diggers that use to r to old now but still some im sure but most of the time nobody even knows what shang is. I plan to get out a couple more times but need to catch up on some things at home 1st or face the girlfriend:woohoo: I really want to try my new digger when it gets here.

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24290

Nice Seng 5! Hobler you sure know how to find some nice seng. I haven't seen seng like that since the mid 70's when I was a young buck. Great to see that seng like that still exist. I am glad diggers like you guys are finding these too. Good diggers like you guys may take the mother plant but all the berries you are planting will grow up to take her place someday and there will be even more in those ares due to your good stewardship. I thing there are lots of great people on this site that are digging good root but planting more seed that will survive than if left to mother nature.
I hope anyone new seng hunters reading the many post on this site learns from you fellas. Hats off to all of you.
Latt

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24299

Hobb that's some great Shang and an awesome plant. Nice find.

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24306

Hey sengfever
I c in one of ur post u live in NY. What part? Im a half hr north oh Watertown.

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24308

Currently I live alittle east of Cooperstown. But after sticking a for sale sign in my lawn shortly after seeing your posts hopefully somewhere north of Watertown. Lol. I've been up there trapping muskrat and beaver in the spring. Some nice country.

Re:yesterdays dig some nice big 3s n 4s 10 years 7 months ago #24309

Yes it is nice up as u can c. I also do trappin ive got a nice swampy creek that runs along the back of My property did really well this fall n spring. N the fur prices were great. Maybe ill c ya around sometime in the future. Good luck

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 232 guests and no members online

Login