2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: 4000ft in WV

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 7 months ago #24348

Frank..I believe your talking about Redd Nutter.
I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but I have met a lot of ginsengers over the years that sold to him. I started buying in 1980 and before that it was my Grandfather. .Guy Coffman and he started in 1930.
I miss the good ol days ..I've meet some real gentleman of the trade over the years.
Guy Hamilton out of Va. and Marvin Mallow out of Ohio always makes my list of legends in the trade that are no longer with us.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 7 months ago #24353

Strong Prong wrote:

Frank..I believe your talking about Redd Nutter.
I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but I have met a lot of ginsengers over the years that sold to him. I started buying in 1980 and before that it was my Grandfather. .Guy Coffman and he started in 1930.
I miss the good ol days ..I've meet some real gentleman of the trade over the years.
Guy Hamilton out of Va. and Marvin Mallow out of Ohio always makes my list of legends in the trade that are no longer with us.

Strong Prong... That was him! I am sure that there are and have been many others such as your grandfather and the ones you mentioned but Redd was one of a kind. He is sorely missed by all that knew and dealt with him!

Thanks!

Frank

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 7 months ago #24374

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Snowmaker just beautiful :)

Snowmaker wrote:

:)

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24775

Wet wet day in the woods but still came out with 13 oz in about 5 hours. Max and I found a few that were yellow but most were still good and green. The heavy rains have knocked the smaller stuff down. And I have still yet to find anything bigger than a 4 prong.

Re:4000ft in WV 10 years 6 months ago #24782

Man I hope you never got caught in what came down here for about an 1 1/2 hours ..it rained all afternoon but for that hour and half, I thought we were going to get washed away...I did see it taking leaves down with it !

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Who's Online

We have 388 guests and no members online

Login