2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lots of Yellow tops.

Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2195

Here in my area of Ohio most of the ginseng is already turning that beautiful shade of yellow. I'd say about 80 percent of what I've seen the last 3 days has already turned. Several laying flat on the ground. The season has only been in 9 days and I don't know if the plants will be around 9 more as quick as they are turning. I love that shade of yellow because it is so easy to see, but hate it cause I know its almost over. Last year I didn't see hardly any yellow till the last week of sept. I'm going to try Wayne National Forest (legal with permit). I've never tried public land before. Don't really know what to expect, but not going in with super high hopes. Going to take my 22 LR to squirrel hunt and enjoy the experience.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2198

good luck at the park ,5..i'v hunted some on public ground in the past..i'v found that if you can find a out of the way place you can do alright...i love them yellow plants too.ours are just turning .I found 6 yesterday that were yellow..enjoy the squirrel hunt if you aint to busy digging...

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2201

Thanks Cheiftain, Just getting ready to head out. I'm going to hike way back in and spend the night in the woods. Hopefully wont be couger bait :)

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2203

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
5prong I wish I was there to go with you man that sounds like a load of goodtimes for sure.

I am very suprised that your alls seng has already started turning yellow.Our seng want start turning yellow untill around the 1st,2nd week of week of Oct,except of course for the ones that are in the sun more than needed.

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2214

Thanks guys. Just got back. the sang huntin wasn't very good but the sqirrel hunting was ok. Had a nice time Enjoying Gods creation and thats the important thing. Billy, The sang around here usually doesn't turn yellow this early either, but it has been very dry this summer......

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2224

can't beat a day and night in the woods...

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2228

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Sure cant beat a time in the woods like that for sure....congrats on the seng 5.

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2229

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Hey guys thought I would share another thing I like to do with you all.I have a friend who is a snake guy,I realy have a good time going hunting with him for the big Timbers this one is 52 inches the biggest one I ever found myself...
Attachments:

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2245

The plants are really beautiful when they begin to turn yellow. Found this one yesterday here in Indiana. It was taken with my cell phone so sorry for the quality. This plant looked like it was glowing green neon.
Attachments:

Re:Lots of Yellow tops. 14 years 7 months ago #2246

great looking plant..thats about the stage ours are in....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 144 guests and no members online

Login