2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: WNY seng?

WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1838

I'd practically give my next born babe to find some wild seng in my neck of the woods! The history of this place has been clearcutting (at least twice) and agriculture for the last few decades. Anybody lookin' here in the Finger Lakes besides me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1841

After having been through our Forest Stewardship program here in PA, I can feel for you. Land owners and loggers tend to look at what can we take from the land and the income instead of what can will be left for future income or recreation. I am by no means against logging or farming, just like to see somethings wild. We may be the last generation to see the forest as it is now. With woolly adelgid effecting our hemlock (PA's state tree), the Emerald Ash borer devastating our White Ash, the gypsy moth problem. etc. The ash trees may be gone soon. They are expecting 80% mortality rate of hemlock, they may or may not be successful in bringing back the American Chestnut.

One word of encouragement I could give you is that around the 1930's all those great forests across Northern PA were clear cut and there was nothing left. You can find photos on the web. Now however, you can drive along route six all the way across PA and it is hard to believe the area was once barren. The regeneration of the forest is awesome. There are trees in places two people can't get their arms around and touch hands. Some has been logged out again but, the forest there did come back. I hope we are intelligent enough to at least try and protect it from ourselves. Sorry for the rant.

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1853

Yes there is a little here and there... Where are you at or looking maybe I can help.

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1854

Hey folks, I am interested in buying sang from upstate NY if you have some. Thanks.

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1855

• dan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
has anyone ever heard of finding sang on hiwassee river in southeast tennessee between applachia dam and smith creek powerhouse ,

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1856

if no one has a answer,how on earth could i find out,thanks

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1860

dan ive hunted up and around that area alot for some reason ive never hadmutch luck it should be there but where i have no ideal i live in cleveland tn if you want to get to geather i know some place we can try after sept first the rangers dont give out permitts till then for the cherokee national forest and the permitts are 30.00 per pound anyway good luck

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1862

got out today and had a good day all togeather i found a few ounce and then i noticed i was having boot problems ,the whole bottom was coming unglued well i decided it was time to go anyway coming out i was walking through a feild in this little holler thinking how much a pair of boots going to cost me and what do you know there is 1 just on the other side of the fence i wouldnt thought they would be any sang there because the tree istnt that big well anyway here is a pic of it
Attachments:

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1863

here is the root good luck all
Attachments:

Re:WNY seng? 14 years 7 months ago #1869

Good find! You can find seng hanging out in odd places. I am told it will grow under the brambles and other brushy areas just waiting for better conditions. Way Cool!

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 858 guests and no members online

Login