2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ok here are my emporer root pics

Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17614

Let me know what you think...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17615

Pretty darned good, and he looks, um, well excited I'd say!:blush:

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17645

That root looks pretty good! Please let us know what it goes for, if possible!

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17647

Thanks guys, if you click on the pics it will bring up a much bigger version... So does anyone know how you could go about selling a root like this? I have heard these roots are worth quite a bit but I dont know if its true or rumor...

Maya... I looked just like him when I pulled him out of the ground haha

Whitjr... I will definately let you know the price if it sells

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17652

sengroots wrote:

Thanks guys, if you click on the pics it will bring up a much bigger version... So does anyone know how you could go about selling a root like this? I have heard these roots are worth quite a bit but I dont know if its true or rumor...

Maya... I looked just like him when I pulled him out of the ground haha

Whitjr... I will definately let you know the price if it sells

LOL!!! Good luck selling it. Billy sold one on e-bay last year, I think. I'm pretty sure he didn't get monster bucks for it, $150-$200 maybe. Maybe he'll chime in.

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17797

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
That does look pretty good

The emperor root is not all that it is hyped up to be in value these days many of the older wealthy buyers have passed and the tradition of believing that the emperors root brings good luck to the house is not strong like it once was.However the root is still valuable to the right person but they are very hard to find.The value was placed on the root in its time because of the thought and belief that it brought good luck to the home of the owner and all who came into the home where blessed.In fact it is only a collector of rare roots that will be interested in the root at all in its rightful value in our time.

As Maya mentioned I found a very nice one last season I posted it on e-bay but forgot to place a price that i would take no less for and the the root went to cheap so I contacted the buyer and bought it back and dryed it out I now have it for sale on my site here is a link of it when it was both wet and is now dry
www.taylorsginseng.com/EmperorRootForSale.html

I have bids on this root and i am still taking bids for it,but will not sell it untill I am satisfied with the price that I sell it for.I am a avid ginseng hunter and have been for years. I am also a dealer and see thousands of roots and this is the 1st true emperors root that I have ever found.If it does not sell for what I think it is worth then I will never sell it.It is worth more to me to look at it once and awhile than a few hundred dollors because I may never find another one in my life time.

Billy.

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17910

Guys not trying to be a dick... - I have always beleived that the emperor root head and limbs plus the male genitals were to be on the root only,not the neck. The one pictured here has the arms growing on the neck and the top of the neck being the head.
The Old belief around the emporer root is about the ginseng plants that grow really old and upon approach, up root exposing a body like a small man. It then runs away and if caught will bring you great health.

What do you guys think?

guy

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17915

Guy,
I agree. A top quality \"Man Root\" is formed from the root body. I am sure a \"Man Root\" formed as shown in the pic is still desirable thou.
Latt

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17923

We've all heard the stories. But, does anyone personally know of a 'man root' being sold for more than going market price giver or take a few bucks?

Re:Ok here are my emporer root pics 11 years 10 months ago #17936

I got this one armed bandit a few years back!I wish it had the other arm.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

Who's Online

We have 113 guests and no members online

Login