2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 8 months ago #11720

Hillhopper
REALLY NICE PICTURE.
GOOD LUCK FOR ALL YOU GUYS!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 8 months ago #11729

nice Hopper.

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 8 months ago #11732

Congrats on a nice dig Hopper!!

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 8 months ago #11759

Thanks fellas, I know yall are ready to hit the woods as well. Ya gotta love this time of year!

Hillhopper

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 7 months ago #11843

I am actually really close to Parsons TN, just south of there a bit. I have went one other time this week and am not having very much luck. All the places I have found to go that look good I can not get permission from land owners to get in there. The places I have gotten into have been small woods with very few hills even.

I met a man just the other side of the TN river (east side) and he showed me some seng he dug the other day and it was all huge. I really believe where I am there is something going on with the soil. There are a few people around here that dig and all have told me the roots on this side are usually small unless you can find a good spot deep in the woods and low on a hill. Oh well, gonna try a new spot in the morning and hope for better luck. If anyone has any spots near this area they wouldn't mind sharing please let me know, would appreciate it. I have yet to have luck finding a good spot to dig.

@ Hillhopper, good dig, best of luck to you all.

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 7 months ago #11844

anyone heard what the price going to start at a lb. Been callin around here in ky and have been quoted at openin in sept as high as $390. What's the price in tenn. Did the price go up as the season went on last year.

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 7 months ago #11845

anyone heard what the price going to start at a lb. Been callin around here in ky and have been quoted at openin in sept as high as $390. What's the price in tenn. Did the price go up as the season went on last year.

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 7 months ago #11847

ky girl wrote:

I had some left over from last year I never got around to selling that I sold the other day. The man I sold it to, here in TN, bought it at $15 ounce dry ($240 lb.) and said it was $5 ounce wet. He stated it was going up but not sure how much or how soon. There are other dealers paying a little more right now but they are a far drive for me.

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 7 months ago #11857

Went this morning, 3 different woods, put in close to 10 miles only to find one very small patch. West TN seng hunting doesn't look to be very productive in my opinion.

Here are some pics from this morning, remember this came from just west of the TN river. Also, the 4 prong in the pic was about 16-18\" tall and the root was less than an ounce.

Re:Tennessee 2011 Hunting Season 12 years 7 months ago #11865

You guys are killing me, 10 more days of waiting here in KY.
Of course that gives me some time to get some seed in the ground.

I wonder how much we contribute to the wild with animals and birds carrying off the seed and berries later on.

Here's a question: Once birds digest the seed, is the seed destroyed? I've always had mixed opinions from people.

rootman

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 238 guests and no members online

Login