2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng

TOPIC: Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now

Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9233

Hey Guys,

3-4 days ago I checked my seed bed real good and there was no sign of tops yet. I put a irrigation system (soaker hoses) in place that day.

I went out and checked it again this morning and found two tops emerging.

One looks like it's going to be nice 4 prong, the other a 3 prong.

That nice 4 is right near the middle of the bed so it may be one of the roots I got from Billy. Not sure about that though - I did put several other roots in that bed that were 4 prongs last fall.

Here is a couple of pics showing them rising up and starting to unfold.

Cool !

TNhunter

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9234

Here is the 3 prong..

Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9235

TNhunter,

Now you have gone and done it. I'm going to have to take a stroll out to where I planted and see if there's anything going on. I can't wait to see a picture of your seed bed once it's going full out. I know you worked hard on that bed, so congrats on seeing some of that hard work pay off.

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9236

Tnhunter

Nice looking plants! They look pretty beefy and they are'nt even opened all the way.

I bet that most or all of that bed will be up within two weeks.

Sweet!

classicfur

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9237

so nice to see those plants............omg a fungus in my ginseng..
Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9238

You guys are killing me. Ginseng and Morels. I can't even dream about anything but Ginseng and Morels right now.
Both are going to be popping up about the same time here in central Ohio in the next couple weeks. Maybe sooner on the morels with all the rain and warm weather.

Great pics guys!!!
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9239

Hey Guys..

I checked on em again just now and the 3 prong looks about the same but the 4 opened up a bit more by this evening.

It is amazing that just a few days ago there was no sign and now all of those leaves and stems poping out and expanding.

Here is what that 4 prong looked like just now.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9240

I have to go out of town for a few days (Wed-Friday) for a company conference thing... so I will not be seeing them again until Friday evening (if I get home before dark).

If not I'm sure by Saturday mornign they will have made a lot more progress and some more may be poping out too.

Here is a look at my 7 day forcast - supposed to be in the 80's here in the next few days - that should pop em up out of the ground.

TNhunter

Attachments:

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9241

Some of my first year plants are starting to emerge too! (in Southwest Virginia). I forgot to take pictures today but these test plots are small and not very impressive anyway.

Re:Seed Bed tops appearing - 4 & 3 prong emerging now 13 years 1 month ago #9242

TNhunter wrote:

It is amazing that just a few days ago there was no sign and now all of those leaves and stems poping out and expanding.

TNhunter

Thats pretty cool stuff, and i just realized that when ginseng emerges it pops up with all of the leaves that it will have this year already formed and it wont grow any additional ones. the whole plant forms under the soil and leaf litter first and emerges a complete plant i bet if you look close you can see the flower-head as well.

Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Who's Online

We have 372 guests and no members online

Login