2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: China's stock market crash

China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36340

China's stock market crash. I wonder how this will affect ginseng prices this season?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36343

I've been too busy to keep up with things otherwise, but if there is no money with which to buy goods, the price of those good (if they are commodities like ginseng) go down traditionally.

...that sucks.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36473

This may hurt but China isn't the only country buying gensing.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36496

Why don't we all just work together and not dig any this year? That will have prices nice and high for the following year.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36554

In a way this sounds good. I know some people want to dig a little just to have the extra money but one would think that the demand is still the same but maybe fewer people can afford to buy it. If it is portrayed as the supply is down then that can make the price climb also. Supply and demand, the golden rule. Demand goes up every year but the supply seems to dwindle due to poaching and illegal harvesting, so if it seems that supply is down then you have to pay for what is available.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36633

China's market lost 8.5 %..today,wiping out the gains its made for the entire year..panic sell off's have set it.it was so bad the government stepped in a devauluaited its currency hoping to stop the slide in the market..it didn't..market experts In Shanghai say this week will be a game changer in china's economy ..

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36635

It's never good when goobernment officials play w/ the market! :S

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36636

that's for sure maya...Shanghai reported this morning that the commodities took the biggest hit last night.they trade over night [time difference].I am going to be looking in the morning to see what happens next..sure came at a bad time for us that dig...but that's the way it go's sometimes..like always ,if I cant get the price I want for the root I will hold....

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36637

IMHO, they were headed for something like this. I understand that they had artificially inflated their currency for years prior to this. communists. Serves them right.

I am just trusting that with the world's economy moving along at the speed of computers these days... That their plunge is not to to have a ripple effect on the rest of the world.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36642

Whitjr wrote:

That their plunge is not to to have a ripple effect on the rest of the world.

.........well it sure scared the hell out of them traders this morning,the dow dropped 1000pt.s this morning in 10 min.'s at the opening bell because of china,,then it fought all day to try and recover...at the closing bell it was still 588 down....

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds

Who's Online

We have 440 guests and no members online

Login