2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: China's stock market crash

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36644

I had hopped to dig some of my stuff this year...but not now. It is better to leave it in the ground to make more seed and get bigger.

Unfortunately, the ripple effect Whitjr speaks of is already here.

My understanding is that those in China who want to buy ginseng cannot justify doing so at higher prices. Sort of like us here. A few years back many of us held onto our older cars rather than buying new because of the bad news looming in our economy. Some of us would have liked to bought a Cadillac when we finally did buy a new car, but the economic strain on our finances means that the caddy was out of our price range for the time being.

As I've said here over and over, nothing is worth more than someone is willing to pay for that thing at that time. If you value your ginseng at $2000/lb you might be sitting at the kitchen table and looking at it for a long time unless you revise your expectations of the reality of your situation. Speculators (gamblers) will be buying until they run out of money like they did last year. The rest of us who buy on orders will be very cautious this year -especially on green root.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36645

What I've heard so far is pure speculation but I hear maybe $125 a lb. for green and $400 a lb. for dry by middle of Sept.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36646

Well, the issue is if you are paying $125/green that would come out at about $500/lb dry. If prices don't get that high (and I'm hearing they might not), how do you keep from losing money on the green unless you have an order for green?

Remember, this is what happened last year when guys got upside down and payed more for green than they could get for it when it dried.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36647

This is just the begining boys. I firmly believe that a major economic collapse is inevitable soon. I guess the stock market men will be jumping out of windows like they did in the 30's collapse. For the country boys, times will be tougher thats for sure but a country boy can survive.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36648

You're right Castle, If you couldn't sell the green a person would be hurting. The best thing I guess would be sit back and see how everything unfolds.
There may not even be much of a market at all this year!

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36656

I was not looking forward to this sort of thing at all.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36660

Good year to enjoy the woods and plant lots of berries.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36675

Whitjr wrote:

I was not looking forward to this sort of thing at all.

Neither was I Whitjr.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 7 months ago #36695

It's not looking very promising...

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36703

hmmm .. haven't sold past 2 years , whats another one :unsure:

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 701 guests and no members online

Login