2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: China's stock market crash

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36709

Sits back into recliner, opens a bag of buttered popcorn. Enjoying the show. :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36718

Just a couple more days until season opens here...

I have 3 hunts planned out... (First one Sept 1) and I guess I will do those and see how things are looking after that as far as planning any more hunts this year.

I would not like 400.00 a pound... but could live with it I guess... or could just keep it another year and hope for better prices next year.

I have a good supply of ginseng tincture.. that is going to last me years (at 8 drops per morning in my coffee)... I still eat some dry root too, in slices or ground.

I don't plan on selling any of my wild sim until they are 8-10 years old... so I have a few more years to wait on that.

When you guys hear more on what the actual prices will or may be this year, let us know.

I would not like only going on 3 hunts this year either... but if the price is going to be very low this year, I could just kill a few more squirrels and deer this fall, and catch a few more creek fish... and let my seng hunt places pass for another year (they will be even better when I do get to hunt them).

Thanks

TNHunter

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36720

TN: I think I would do the wait til next year thing rather than dig and wait (which is illegal unless you are a dealer). The seng will be bigger if left in the ground anyway. If you just want to go out senging, just plant all the berries and top the wild plants so no poacher can find them. That is what I have been doing this year. I would like to see supply levels in China drop so price will rise. I insist on doing my part even if we all won't work together to alter the price (in our favor).

Jim

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36722

If you didn't know better you would think these happenings were staged. It's funny how they happen just before season opens in the past as well.I know they are not related or staged but they sure will be used as a tool to decrease price by the higher ups, whether or not they truly affect prices.
If I were a large buyer who stored root for the masses with plenty of money, I would want to buy my root when prices are low to replenish my supply. Not wait until its nearly gone and start late in the season. Oh me, smoke and mirrors lol.I can't blame them, its just the smart way to go about making profits.

Hillhopper

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36723

Couple of interesting facts:, not speculation but facts,
Over the last couple of years Chinas stock market grew by over 150%.

The chinese crash of 2007 was worse than the current market.

In 2007 oddly enough there was an explosion in ginseng prices.

I think if ginseng starts out at 125/fresh Lb. it will not take long for it to hit the 200/lb when they figure out not many folks are going to waste their time for cheap prices.

Look at it this way, if fair prices were paid for ginseng, the black market would almost go away.
I find it intersting that dealers often want to post their bottom dollar, but when the price starts going up, they start crying they dont want to post prices because of hurt feelings and such.

I am going to dig some this year, but in a bad year i will sell it dry, not fresh. I dont want any speculation about how much it may or may not weigh.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36725

I think you may be right K_duce! If nobody sells early, the price will come up some. How much? Dunno!

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36726

K_duce wrote:
[quote

Look at it this way, if fair prices were paid for ginseng, the black market would almost go away.
I find it intersting that dealers often want to post their bottom dollar, but when the price starts going up, they start crying they dont want to post prices because of hurt feelings and such.

[/quote].......yes sir ,years ago when I joined this site all you had to was ask.all the dealers would shoot a post on here with a ball park figure..now they just don't want to say..makes me suspicious ...;) ;) ;)

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36738

The Chinese are really masters of negotiations. They want what they want, and damn the other guy they are trading with.

Then Look at the thefts of technology (military and civilian), the pirated designs( computers and space derivitive technologies), and outright stolen entertainment goods (like movies and music) over the past 20 years. Might do all of us some good to remember that they are untrustworthy, and their ideology is fundamentally different for ours.

for example... Freedom in their country is non-existant, the thought police really exist there.That's communism. Where religion is in many instances considered a crime against the state, women who have more than the state allowed amount of children (2) are forced into full-term abortions, and people still disappear if they become too loud in protest of the Politburo's mandates.

These are our trading partners, the ones that buy most of our product.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36741

Whitjr wrote:

The Chinese are really masters of negotiations. They want what they want, and damn the other guy they are trading with.

Then Look at the thefts of technology (military and civilian), the pirated designs( computers and space derivitive technologies), and outright stolen entertainment goods (like movies and music) over the past 20 years. Might do all of us some good to remember that they are untrustworthy, and their ideology is fundamentally different for ours.

for example... Freedom in their country is non-existant, the thought police really exist there.That's communism. Where religion is in many instances considered a crime against the state, women who have more than the state allowed amount of children (2) are forced into full-term abortions, and people still disappear if they become too loud in protest of the Politburo's mandates.

These are our trading partners, the ones that buy most of our product.

That being said, the dealers in the country have to sell at a profit to justify buying at all.

Re:China's stock market crash 8 years 6 months ago #36753

Yeah, well, I just got carried away in my earlier post.

I's an imperfect world, anyway. A just 'way mor imperfect over there....

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Who's Online

We have 252 guests and no members online

Login