2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: any movement in price

any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #966

• jeff johnson
  • jeff johnson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was just wondering if there has been any upward movement in price in the past few weeks. I live in Ohio but am curious about prices nationwide.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #967

here in Ill. it got as low as $230.00 a pound .the price has increased slightly up to a little over $300.00 a pound...I did hear that the price in Calf.was up to around $400.00 to $450.00 a pound....I 'm a little leary of shipping my root but the last time I did everthing was on the up and up and I got $80.00 more a pound by shipping it.....i will check again in the second week of Dec. with our local buyer's ...

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #972

Still at 300 lb here in Southern Indiana.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #973

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Still 300 a pound here in Ky where I am at

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #974

• Vic
  • Vic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I live in Minnesota and sold mine in Owatonna last week at 350.00 a lb, not bad considering...

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #975

• Vic
  • Vic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
oh, by the way that was dried wild root price I got 350.00 a lb.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #976

• White Beard
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Billy, I'm in Campbell co. TN., I know several folks who sold to a dealer from your area last week; the dealer drove down here from KY. and gave them $250.oo a lb. I thought it was 'odd' that the dealer did that, but I guess he made, or is counting on making, a substantial profit. He told these folks the price would fall even lower and it wouldn't be any better next year.
I noticed on the pictures of the mushrooms that you call them Hickery Chickens; I said 'amen', to that cause my Dad called them that also. Most folks here call them 'dry land fish'.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #977

Vic,,,me and the Tooler went down to Owatonna in mid November and got that price also. I'm still sitting on a pound,,,may have to hold a while. Sounds like you had a nice season! We live in Chaska,,,,used to live in Owatonna.

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #979

Northern,,I was looking at the atlas to see where Owatonna and Chaska are,I have a little brother that lives in Coon Rapids.I have not been up there to visit him but would like to some day.I would have to go fishing if I came up there.He says fishin's great.I was wondering what the land is like around twin cities,do you dig around there or do you have to go up state? Is it Hilly there or flat ground?

Re:any movement in price 15 years 4 months ago #980

White Beard,, It is sad people have to sell at 250,that just is not enough money for the diggers.Let's hope it does go up!!

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 372 guests and no members online

Login