2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regional co-operative

Regional co-operative 9 years 2 months ago #34294

I have read through other threads on the topic of groups of diggers/growers selling together to get better pricing through volume.
Has anyone tried this tactic yet?

I have been looking into developing a dedicated chain from ground to market and from the very early conversations I've had with companies in Texas and Utah it seems that there is an interest in having a reliable source for ginseng without the unpredictability of supply and price in the current marketplace.
The idea is to form a small co-op of diggers/growers to supply a set amount at a pre-agreed price directly to an end user. Since the chain would be contracted, amount supplied and price would be known in advance, a plus for diggers. A dedicated source, quantity and cost for the end user, definite plusses in the business world.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Regional co-operative 9 years 2 months ago #34320

I think there are a lot of benefits for diggers/growers to sell in this manner. However there would need to be tough regulations within the co-op to make sure quality/age/size is met, but if you are working with people you know, this wouldn't be too tough.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1071 guests and no members online

Login