2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: update on prices?

update on prices? 9 years 2 months ago #34070

anyone got any price updates ? dosnt matter where I would just like to see how things are thrending be fore I sell my last bit of root

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:update on prices? 9 years 2 months ago #34071

Wondering the same thing ....

Re:update on prices? 9 years 2 months ago #34073

No one must know...

Re:update on prices? 9 years 2 months ago #34074

I guess most have sold by now so there is just no reason for them to be checking.

I sold back in November.

I have a few roots but these are not for sale - I am going to eat them.

If you still have roots for sale - good luck. They buyer I sell to over in Pulaski TN always warns against holding them past Christmas. He says that his Chinese buyers are usually not all that interested in buying that late in the year.

TNhunter

Re:update on prices? 9 years 2 months ago #34075

I talked with my buyer just before Christmas and again right after and he said the market was really soft.
A lot of the problem was a lot of seng left had already been picked through and the best sold off. Now this makes the Chinese very cautious about buying any roots at any price and you can see their point of view.
He also stated if they do buy roots right now it has to be almost perfect. Good size,age,texture,color and etc.
We were all warned about holding too long and how the market might be.
A lot of dealers paid too high and are taking a beating also!

I'd be very cautious about next season!

Re:update on prices? 9 years 2 months ago #34081

My guy wouldnt buy ours without showing it to his buyer first his buyer liked it and we sold but we lost quite a bit by holding till now . my buyer also had a small dealers roots to show to the same guy and he wouldnt even make an offer on it said it had too much small root and had been over hanled so yes some are still buying but only good lots properly cared for and about the best offer you will get for ky ginseng will be from 575 to 625 unless its something special and unless you plan on keeping it atleast two years you might consider selling unless something changes next years prices will be much lower than this years because there are lots of unsold root still in diggers hands and lots of small dealers with 100 pounds or more that paid more then they can sell for I hope im wrong and the market gets bought out but doesnt look good at this time. good luck everone

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Who's Online

We have 331 guests and no members online

Login