2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Still at 750 per lb

Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25648

Here in SW Va

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25659

That is a dang good price Ricky.

We are not being offered that for our TN roots. A week or so ago I was told 620.00.

I would sure be tempted to take 750.00 if that was being offered here.

I sold a bunch in the late 70's and 80's for 200-300.00 per lb. Probably not much difference in 300.00 then and 600.00 now.

Good Luck !

TNhunter

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25694

I got a price of 700 lb in middle tm when I called

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25695

TN.Ginsenger...

That's more like it.

Who'd you call ? got a name and number ?

Thanks

TNhunter

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25706

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
TNhunter wrote:

TN.Ginsenger...

That's more like it.

Who'd you call ? got a name and number ?

Thanks

TNhunter

that is what we are getting here in bell co. Don't know what billy is giving ,sent an email but he hadn't returned one. But sure that is his price. Hope you get your price you need TNhunter

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25733

That more inline right there.

TN.Ginsenger wrote:

I got a price of 700 lb in middle tm when I called

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25734

Here's her number (615)-763-2719 her name is Melinda she also said if u had quite a few pounds price would be hirer but I only have lil over a pound and a half so price could be hirer if u got four or five pounds

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25735

Why heck,tell'em you got 4 and just selling half. I never did understand that 2 lbs is worth more than one pound crap. I do know that I have seen people walk in with a handful at our buyer and get the full price!

Billy has a tn licence but I don't know your travel times

TN.Ginsenger wrote:

Here's her number (615)-763-2719 her name is Melinda she also said if u had quite a few pounds price would be hirer but I only have lil over a pound and a half so price could be hirer if u got four or five pounds

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25760

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
If a digger comes to me and he has a job or he is disabled or he does not have transportation etc.
and says Mr. Taylor I have 3 to 5 ounces maybe I didn't have a lot of time to dig I was wondering
what price are you paying ?

And if another digger calls me or comes by and says Mr. Taylor I have 3 to 5 pounds dry I got to go a lot to dig this season I was wondering what price are you paying ?

I would reply to both the same exact price per pound. I would sit the one mans on the scale and type in the price per pound, then I would put the other mans on the scale and type in the same amount per pound and not make a difference in one or the others time frame or amount that they where able to produce.

But if the first man had 5 ounces of seng that was clean, dried correct, and the root not cut up with the water roots as best as possible

And the other man that had 5 pounds had broking and damaged root and did not wash the roots well

Then the man that had 5 ounces would make more per pound than the man with 5 pounds did because I have a price for all ginseng and it is always very competitive and all men are treated equal no matter the amount they bring, however when a man walks up to me and he has dried his root as I would dry mine, cared for the way it looked both when he dug it and dried, then I will add $25.00 a pound to his Lot no matter if it is 1 ounce or 10 pounds. It does not make the difference because you have a lot more it makes a difference because you cared, Now that is me, that is this dealer Billy Taylor. I will not speak for another.

And it is the truth concerning me and the way I run my business.

God bless everyone

Billy.

Re:Still at 750 per lb 10 years 5 months ago #25767

• bellco ky
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • digging sein and making memories! ahh good times
Hello billy. I've heard you were honest and would not try to take anybody. Just found out you were buying. And thanks for returning my email will be seeing you in couple weeks , been dealing with a guy up clear creek. Not going put his name on here although I don't and haven't sold to him in couple years ( wants to pick what he wants ) I still respect him and like the man. Been selling on log mtn last few years ,after your email bringing my sein to you,big plus seeing be there in 5 mins..;)

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 434 guests and no members online

Login