2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders will be accepted on May 1st for pre-determined shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders will be accepted on May 1st for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: growing ?

growing ? 13 years 2 months ago #8793

hello all like i said before i am new to the world of root and what not but my first of many i am sure is...is ginseng a hard plant to grow either indoor or outdoors? also how long does it take to mature.... thanks all B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:growing ? 13 years 2 months ago #8798

It's not hard to grow if you have the right conditions: soil, and shade are to big factors. Most States require seng to be at least 5 years old before harvest. Of course the older the better.

mhowa

Re:growing ? 13 years 2 months ago #8799

oh okay thanks ... i found a planting link on the sight i have been reading.... its hard to beileve it takes 5 years lol

Re:growing ? 13 years 2 months ago #8801

ski38979

Welcome aboard!

There is alot on info on growing seng. Here is one from this site.

www.wildgrown.com/growing_ginseng_instructions.pdf

Also there is an excellent book by Scott Persons on growing Ginseng. Most have found this to be the best book on the subject.

www.amazon.com/Growing-Marketing-Goldens...cinals/dp/0914875426

As far as what age of roots should be harvested. I believe that 5 years would be the bare minimum. Seven year old roots and older will bring a better price.

Here is a link to an earlier post on: Ginseng Age and Prices.

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...and-prices.html#7734

You definately want to grow it outdoors in the woods with a setting that is natural for wild ginseng.

classicfur

Re:growing ? 13 years 2 months ago #8802

morning Ski , I see you made it.;) ..these guys on here are a great bunch of guys and are willing to share imfo.they should be able to answer all your questions...welcome

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Who's Online

We have 391 guests and no members online

Login