2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Growing indoors

Growing indoors 13 years 8 months ago #4787

Has anyone ever tried to grow sang inside their home? I know it may be rediculas but, I was wondering. My kitchen faces north/ northeastern and the wife puts her plants back there and they do nicely. I thought about sticking a few seeds in a few pots just to see how they do. Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Growing indoors 13 years 7 months ago #4796

Hunter, I have planted a few roots inside in pots(late winter) and they do fine.The only thing is they have to be exposed to the cold period for them to come back the next year, so you would have to put them back outside each fall and then bring them back in next spring.Your seeds need the same warm cold warm periods to finish maturing and germinate.

Re:Growing indoors 13 years 7 months ago #5072

• campnjan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does anyone know how cold it needs to get and how long of a cold period they need? I am thinking of trying to grow here in Ca in an area that doesn't get snow but freezes.

Re:Growing indoors 13 years 7 months ago #5082

Scott Persons covers this in his book.

\"dr.konsler found that most seedlings will sprout in the spring if they have been exposed to at least 45 days of temperatures at 36 degrees F or to at least 60 days at 48 degrees F. Without cold stimulation below 49 degrees F, the roots did not sprout regardless of exposure time.\"

Hope this helps.

Lenno

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Who's Online

We have 109 guests and no members online

Login