2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your experiences, questions and answers about growing wild-simulated ginseng
  • Page:

TOPIC: Followup on seed

Followup on seed 8 years 11 months ago #35038

Good evening guys,
I thought I would update all of you about a seed purchase that I mentioned a couple of years ago from a well know dealer from Michigan. I know that several of you have dealt with he and his wife and sometimes the results have not been what we desired after we had invested our money in seeds or rootlets. I also know that this is one of the most frustrating things about growing ginseng that I have encountered. I purchased a pound of stratified seeds and 50 4 year old rootlets. I mentioned before that none of the stratified seed came up the next Spring and I wondered if he may have sold me green seed. This Spring it is coming up every where that I planted it two years ago. I have checked on this man's credentials since then and he has several complaints from the BBB in his area. Beware of doing business with scoundrels unless you want to be taken to the cleaners. A lesson learned.

Hugh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Followup on seed 8 years 11 months ago #35039

Glad they finally come up for you,Hugh. Your plans were just postponed instead of gone. The bad thing is you payed twice what the seed were actually worth and you lost a year.

Hillhopper

Re:Followup on seed 8 years 11 months ago #35040

Could you post a picture of it at this time of year I planted some but not seeing.

Re:Followup on seed 8 years 11 months ago #35041

Glad to hear that Mr. Hugh. We all learn those lessons. Thanks for posting that, it might help others in the future.

Re:Followup on seed 8 years 11 months ago #35045

Thanks Hugh,
I will have to go check my spots where I planted the seed I bought from that guy. I bought over 10 lbs from him and none of it came up. Perhaps they will come up this year as well who knows. That would be a pleasant surprise.
Sadly I heard that his wife passed away. She seemed really nice. I bought 5 lbs once and when I washed all the sand off I only had 4 lbs of seed. She sent me the pound they shorted me at no charge. Not sure if it was intentional or not but seemed like it could have been with the sand weight of 1 lb. I don't like paying for wet sand.
Latt

Re:Followup on seed 8 years 11 months ago #35046

i had a similar experience. bought only a small amount of rootlets and seed. Never bought from them again. It's a huge website they have, very enrolling.

• Page:
Moderators: lattTNhunterjimsanger
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Who's Online

We have 624 guests and no members online

Login