2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about ginseng's medical effects.
You can also post your experience for others to read
  • Page:

TOPIC: American vs Korean vs Chinese

American vs Korean vs Chinese 9 years 1 month ago #34766

Does anyone here have knowledge about the health benefits for the 3 main species of ginseng, American vs Korean vs Chinese? Do they all have equivalent nutrients/health benefits? I have saw in stores bottles of Korean, and also a mix of 1/3 all 3 types. The mix bottle was about 50% more money for the same amount of tablets.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 7 months ago #36638

Um... Better late than never on this response. Just got around to reading this.

I have tried all three types over the past several years. IMHO... what I am writing is only my personal experience.

really didn't care for the Korean. Too subtle for me, and had to take a fairly large dose to get any feel for it.

red Chinese type is good, however it was afraid of becoming a communist after taking it. (LOL). Again, IMHO, not as good as our stateside stuff.

American as found on the shelf in the Vitamin shop! a nationwide chain! is what I have settled on as the best of these. Purity testing -as avowed by the company- is done with quality.

Their is a wide disparity of pricing out there... I always look for the best price...

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 7 months ago #36641

Yeah, lately I've been taking \"Nature's Bounty\" brand, which has 50mg American, 50mg Chinese, 300mg ginseng extract, and 30mg V-12. I can't find much that is only American in the local stores.

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 7 months ago #36657

This is what I have settled on using, reasonable cost as well. That is, when I am out of my own root,.

the Vitamin Shoppe
American Ginseng 648 MG (100 Capsules)
Item #: VS-2064/ 1071847

Matters...Quality Matters
Learn more about the Vitamin Shoppe brand quality standards.Value Price: $12.99

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 7 months ago #36932

Here is the brand I take :-)

It is definitely American and wild. I dug it myself. 20+ year old.

That is a mix of some hair root, root slices and some ground (just this week).

I keep it in a little glass on my desk and alternate between taking root like this and taking a ginseng tincture that I made from wild root.

The main health benefits I have seen over the years is that I simply do not get sick near as much as I used to (talking cold, sinus, seasonal alergy type stuff, the old spring and fall crud).

When I do get sick, I get over it much faster than I used to and often the symptoms are very mild compared to before.

I have never tried any store bought seng or seng from other countries.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 5 months ago #37714

I just got into ginseng hunting last year although I have been in the woods my whole life hunting mushrooms and game. I made some tea last year a few times. This year I have made tea every evening since season began and recently started adding honey. My question is how to make a ginseng tincture and what are the advantages of a tincture over tea. If any, thanks in advance. AND are their any videos that you fellas know of

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 5 months ago #37715

Welcome to the forum, KYSANG!

I think there are some old timey publications out there that may have the recipe you are looking for. I have read a \"literary effort\" that dated back to the 1890's that mentioned the making of an extract.

Your question had got me interested, as I have never made any myself. Over the years, I have consumed 'sang in many different forms, however a tincture is not one of them.

Here is what I found, online, after a brief search:

digsby.com
There are many health benefits of Ginseng and making ginseng extract at home is easy too. Native Americans used it widely to cure headaches, fever and indigestion. Besides Americans, it was also used in countries like Russia and China to protect from cold and flu in addition to enhancing mental alertness. Further studies in 2001 found that flu symptoms lasted for a shorter period in those who consumed ginseng extract.The methods to make Ginseng extract is interesting and easy.

Hot Extraction: This is one of the methods used to make Ginseng extract. Take boiling water in a non metallic container with half ounce or one ounce of dried ginseng. Depending on the strength of the extract you can take the desired amount of ginseng. Put the dried ginseng in the boiling water and allow it to soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Once the dried ginseng is soaked well in the liquid, strain it and use.
Cold extraction: Making ginseng extract is not a tough task, you can prepare using easy methods.Take a pot of cold water and 2 ounces of dried Ginseng, you should take double the amount of ginseng that is used for hot water. Add the ginseng to the cold water and steep it for 8 to 12 hours. After straining you can use the liquid for consumption.
Alcohol Based Extract: You can make Ginseng extract using alcohol too. For this you need 8 to 12 ounces of Vodka or any other neutral drinking alcohol, 3 to 4 ounces of vodka and water. First take a glass container and fill it with dried ginseng; pour the vodka over it and now add water for dilution. The Ginseng in the glass container must be completely covered by alcohol and water. You should seal the glass container and allow it to steep for around two weeks. Finally you can strain liquid and use it.
You could follow any of the above methods to get Ginseng extract. Make the Ginseng extract at home and consume it to obtain the benefits of Ginseng.

Read more at ifood.tv/other/280551-how-to-make-ginsen...#MhAUgzptXmbk9QyT.99

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 5 months ago #37722

Cool, thanks for reply. I normally boil water take off burner and put put pot to the side while I slice about 2 gram worth of root. Then let set covered for about 30 min. I just wonder if the half to 1 ounce they mentioned using is a 1 serving recipe.

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 5 months ago #37729

Don't know the answer to your Q.... You could visit the page I posted and perhaps they could clear that one up for you!

Re:American vs Korean vs Chinese 8 years 5 months ago #37732

Ok will do thanks for reply

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 325 guests and no members online

Login