Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Morels 2014

New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28139

PA morels have started. Didn't pick any of these yet. LOL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28157

Hey trahn. My weather up here in NY starting Monday is spouse to start with rain n temps all week are the highs to b upper 50s ta low 60s n the lows high 30 ta low 40 .vwhen should I start lookin?

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28185

Hobler a really easy way is you should be looking for blacks after your 1st lawn cut of the years and hunting yellows after your 2nd cut give or take acouple days.

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28186

Cool thxs trahn almost time then went out two days ago lookin for some dead elms n found a couple real nice spots one of them has about 15 dead elms with the bark slipping plus my grandfather told of a place he got some yes ago got to check it out but he said it was in the fall

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28190

Hobler, Never seen any morel mushrooms of any kind in the fall. Heard of a few stories about it but if it really happens it would be a rarity and few and far between if it is possibly true. Morels grow in the spring.
Latt

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28194

Hobler im in the same boat as you... I live about 30min south of Syracuse and was out this weekend looking at a spot where I found half free morels last year. All I found was scarlet red elf caps. I find morels more challenging than ginseng. . Looks like ill look again Thursday after turkey hunting. I have never seen an elm down here but lots of ash and old apple trees so im optimistic. Good luck Hobler.. ill let u know on any updates I have

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28196

Latt I thought the same he said they looked like a pecker but don'tknow if half free morels grow in the fall either ccouldn'ttell him ddifferent anyways heck he could have picked um in the spring n forgot too lol.

G4747
I agree with u but I know there around my past uncle got them around here some where n some other guys too. I just haven't seen um to ask. I'm really hoping I got them here on my land been here 4 yes n never looked so gonna keep my fingers crossed if I c any or here about some I'lllet u know thxs guys

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28197

Hobler, it was probably some kind of \"Stinkhorne\". Some of them resemble morels at times.
Latt

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28199

G4747
Just seen on another site reports of morels up around Syracuse area

Re:New Morels 2014 9 years 11 months ago #28200

Thanks Hobler. I just read said report. I lurk on that site often. Hope to get out tomm.

G

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 287 guests and no members online

Login