2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hey Latt

Hey Latt 11 years 7 months ago #19135

Have you gotten out shrooming lately? I,be been seeing a lot of chants in the last few weeks, and found what I think may have been a king bolete. a couple of days ago. Just wondering if you,d been out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hey Latt 11 years 7 months ago #19158

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I didnt know that chants came out I need to go looking i have been wanting to try them this season,I have never had a chant or a hen of the woods either one,lord willing i want to try them both.

Billy.

Re:Hey Latt 11 years 7 months ago #19159

Guys,
My family and I have had a couple of messes off my shitake mushrooms lately and about 2 weeks ago we had a chicken of the woods that comes up under a red oak in the front yard.
This mushroom comes up every year in late spring and then again in the summer. It grows at the base of the tree at the root system at random locations. A very tasty treat.

My son is always cutting off oyster mushrooms from the sides of dying trees. To me these are as about as good tasting as any. But you have to get them early and tender.

rootman

Re:Hey Latt 11 years 7 months ago #19165

Billy wrote:

Guys I didnt know that chants came out I need to go looking i have been wanting to try them this season,I have never had a chant or a hen of the woods either one,lord willing i want to try them both.

Billy.[/quote

Billy, they usually show up here around the beginning or middle of July, but they didn't show up till late this year. I suppose because it was so dry earlier in the summer. I think they're about done now.

Re:Hey Latt 11 years 7 months ago #19286

5prong, I usually get pounds upon pounds of chants but this year they have been small and few and far between. Supposed to get a good bit of rain this weekend. So hopefully this will help set up a nice season for Hens that will be coming soon with cooler nights and all. These 93 degree days do not help the Hens to begin to spawn much. I hope we get some nice rains between this weekend and the end of Sept.
Last year was the year of the hens for sure.
Latt

• Page:
Moderators: latttrahn007Shroomdawg
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Who's Online

We have 329 guests and no members online

Login