* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post your questions and answers about Goldenseal herb
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hey guys .... Goldenseal question

Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 7 months ago #4811

What is the wet/dry ratio on Goldenseal? I have never paid attention to it myself.
I have been told that Goldenseal is selling for $22-$29 a dry lb. and Ginseng will open at $400 or better. I hope this will be a good year.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5163

Shroomy, I'm not real sure but am thinking that you end up with about 25% of wet weight after it dries. I dig a little while out senging, but have never hit it real hard and never weighed it wet so I can't guaruntee the accuracy of this ratio. I know of a few BIG patches that I may hit someday if the price gets back up over $30

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5182

Thanks 5prong. I believe it depends on the time of the year after doing some talking to a buyer. Anywhere from 5-1 to 3-1. Sold 12 lbs. dry the other day for $23 a lb..

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5194

thats alot better then the 18 and 20 ive got this year, i liked it when it was 28 - 30 a pound alot more

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5210

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I know where one of the biggest patches of Goldenseal is that I have ever saw its unreal I have been waiting 3 years on the rite price but havent seen it appear yet,if it ever does I believe that I can dig 12 to 15 dry pounds from this holler it is real realy in there top to bottom.

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5227

Yes Billy, I know af several places like what you're describing. Digging goldenseal is more like work to me than senging is. If the price ever gets right I'll probably hit these areas pretty hard , but haven't been able to bring myself to do it for what the prices have been the last several years. I still dig a little while out senging, but only when I run accross an old looking patch. Weight wise I usually end up with about twice as much goldenseal as I do ginseng, but it is pretty abundant in the areas that I dig.

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5241

ive been in a few hollers over the last few years that was covered like yours billy, but they seem to be few and far between around here anymore

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5324

There is so much yellow root in my area I could dig 10 pounds a day for six months and probably wouldn't put much of a dent in it. it's nothing like digging seng though, hunting seng is fun. yellowroot is work. hard work. if i dug it evereyday that i could i could make a lot more than on ginseng, though. i'm kinda lazy, i guess.

Re:Hey guys .... Goldenseal question 13 years 6 months ago #5435

i went sengin in a holler today. didnt find much seng but saw the most goldenseal ive ever saw in my entire life and prolly ever will see. no exageraation ive layed eyes on well over a couple thousand plants 2day.

• Page:
Moderators: jimsanger
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Who's Online

We have 858 guests and no members online

Login