2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Would like to buy a few plants

Would like to buy a few plants 8 years 6 months ago #36716

I would like to buy a few false unicorn plants.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Would like to buy a few plants 8 years 6 months ago #36728

Welcome to the forum.
Right now is probably not a good time to buy false unicorn, its too hot and too dry in the south. Also most of the female plants are in the seed growth stage which wont be complete until the middle of october. I have transplanted false unicorn in August, but it was dug and planted within the same hour, leaving alot of dirt attached to the roots. In my opinion buying and shipping right now would be risky. I currently dont offer any for sell as well, but you may be able to contact some of the herb dealers that visit the site.

Re:Would like to buy a few plants 8 years 6 months ago #36729

Thank you K_duce. I didn't know that. When would be a good time to try and get some? I'll ask again at a later time.
Have you had any luck growing it from seed? I saw some small amounts of seed online somewhere. Any instruction on how to plant them would be appreciated.

Re:Would like to buy a few plants 8 years 6 months ago #36764

If I were buying false unicorn online i would want to make sure that i recieved both male and female plants, in the wild the male plants seem to out number the female at a rate of more than 10 to 1. It would be very possible to recieve only male plants if someone didn't know what they were doing. I have had not so good results so far starting from seed, but i have studied the areas where i find seedlings in the wild to identify what conditions may be necessary to properly meet the requirements of the seed in order to break dormancy. I hope to follow up on this on my thread later in the year. I did talk once to the guy who sells the seed online and i do think that he may send planting instructions with his seed.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 418 guests and no members online

Login