* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MORE NC Ginseng digging

MORE NC Ginseng digging 13 years 7 months ago #5219

Greetings!

Newb from Western North Carolina. I was wondering if anyone could shoot me a list or send me a link to a better map of restricted areas in the Nantahala District. The map I got at the ranger office looks like a copy of 10 copies ago, so I really don't know what is what and it's hard to read. This is my first year digging and I'm doing decent so far, but I want to make sure I'm digging legally. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:MORE NC Ginseng digging 13 years 7 months ago #5252

Dumpy, I am a first year digger in the Franklin, Cashiers area as well. I was up at the district office last week, and was given the same low quality map. I am just referencing the map with bing maps in bird's eye view mode. It takes some time, but works pretty well.

I have been out a couple times, and have dug up about 10oz so far...I hope the digging picks up seeing as how the 1lb permit was $40

Re:MORE NC Ginseng digging 13 years 7 months ago #5278

Let's go dig sometime soon! Need some more digging friends. I don't think there's a private message deal on this forum, but if you wanna swap info and hunt sometime let me know. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds

Who's Online

We have 395 guests and no members online

Login