* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: the season is almost here for the peaches

the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 10 months ago #35474

TnHunter,
I thought you would enjoy seeing where the peaches are at the moment. It looks like there is going to be a bumper crop. Get with Hill and come up to help pick. :laugh:

Challenger peach
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 10 months ago #35475

This is the Contender peach and it still needs a little more thinning to size out properly. I'm just about finished with that.
Attachments:

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 10 months ago #35479

Nice Hugh !!!

Last year I had no plums and only 1 or 2 peaches off two plum trees and two peach trees.

This year dang frost got most of mine again.

On my two plum trees there might be 20 plums on now... My peach trees did a lot better than last year but still only a small fraction of what they do in years where frost does not get them.

My Early Elberta has probably 50 peaches on it and my Reliance something like 20. My Reliance has produced over 200 in the past.

My Macintosh Apple tree is loaded, Blackberries and Grapes looking great.

I have yellow and green squash about ready to set blooms, and sweet corn about 8\" tall now, Kale, Chard, Spinach, Parsley, 15 tomato plants out with some golf ball sized green tomatoes on now.

That strawberry patch I started last year we have picked 4 gallons of berries off, made jam, and put a lot of berries in the freezer.

My Boy and I went to the river last Saturday evening and he did some swimming and I caught a good mess of black perch and we ate them for supper.

Love this time of year !

TNhunter

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 10 months ago #35485

Wow. What you have going sounds nice TNHunter. Stinks when you have to wait a year for production and still don't get it on some fruit trees due to frost. My grapes are only the size of a radish seed. Spring here has been all broke up with spurts of winter. We're just now getting the rasperries on and the blackberries just started blooming and then more frost tonight. Can't even plant beans yet! This global warming is getting old. Oh wait, it's called climate change now after realizing it isn't in fact warming. Burn more coal and warm it up some!

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 10 months ago #35508

Nice Mr. Hugh. Them peach trees look great. Looks like they are getting close. TN, sounds like yall know how to eat well. Between the fresh veg and perch, thats heaven.

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 9 months ago #35628

Any updated pics on the upcoming peach harvest,Hugh?

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 9 months ago #35630

Hill,
It's raining a little bit here right now. Give me a few minutes and I'll go outside a take one or two. I do have some others on the topic of ginseng that I took yesterday and I'll place them on now. This was a 4 year old patch in the National Forest that I planted for the folks in Cocke County. I estimated that there would have been about $100,000 worth of ginseng in about 6 years. This one was destroyed by loggers and another early this year was destroyed by a Prescribed burn. It covered several acres.

Hugh
Attachments:

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 9 months ago #35631

This picture was taken right through the center of the hollow that I planted the patch in. Totally ruined.
Attachments:

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 9 months ago #35632

There was a small part of the upper end that they missed. You can see some of the plants that were 2 prongers and 3 prongers that were starting to set berries on.
Attachments:

Re:the season is almost here for the peaches 8 years 9 months ago #35633

This is some of the equipment they were using.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Who's Online

We have 246 guests and no members online

Login