2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Morel Mushroom Hunting

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 13 years 3 days ago #9458

Here is what one of those looked like from the underside.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 13 years 3 days ago #9463

TN,
I cannot be certain on any of those and I would not eat them.
The one picture under your post that you wrote, that says.

(Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 8 Hours, 12 Minutes ago Karma: 5 Karma+ Karma-
Here are some other shrooms and things I found...)

with the two white mushrooms growing off the tree are more than likely \"Oyster Mushrooms. But I would need to see the underside. I would not eat any of those thou. Great pics regardless.
Thanks,
Latt

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 13 years 3 days ago #9464

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Tnhunter I do not know any of them but the white fluffy looking ones may be a type of Puffs,,,when shroomy checks back through he will most likely know most or all of those,great picks...

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 13 years 2 days ago #9468

Well Guys - - -

Another morning and yep I went morel hunting again - and STILL FOUND NONE :-(

Today I went out to that 800 acre tract that I own with my siblings and I looked all thru that 15 acres of 32 year old loblolly pines. There is quite a bit of poplar and even some sycamore mixed in around the edges and I found several dead trees and looked that area over real good and just could not find a morel.

I found a few other shooms, and heard a couple of turkeys gobbling...

And found 30 or so nice seng plants up a side hollow :-)

I hunted seng out there 2 seasons ago and will hunt it agian this fall.

Anyway I found some vid's on youtube of a guy finding some real nice morels (blonds) in a pine thicket so thought I would give my pine thicket a try - but alas - NO LUCK again.

I wonder if it is just past Morel season here in south/middle TN ? Too hot ?

We had some good rain a couple days ago and it has warmed up nicely the past couple days - which I think is supposed to be about the right time to find them.

I know I could see em if they were there - the one I did find I spotted from about 10' away and it was only 2\" tall (small thing).

Oh well - one of these days I will master this shrooming - ain't got there yet.

TNhunter

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 13 years 2 days ago #9469

Back in the summer of 1979 & winter of 1980 my Grandfather had harvested timber off our place and they had clear cut about 15 acres of pine trees in this area.

At that time I was working for a timber companys reforestration division and what we did was plant pine trees in clear cut areas.

My Grandfather bought the seedlings and paid me to plant that 15 acres back in pines.

Here is what they look like today.

Cool that that big old pine tree there was once a little seedling in a tote bag on my side and I planted it way back then.

TNhunter
Attachments:

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 13 years 2 days ago #9470

Tn,
Good to see the trees doing well that you had planted back in the day.

I think you still have a week or so to find morels from what some folks are saying in Tennessee.

Our season is a good week into it and the mushroom season will be at it's peak for another 2 to 3 weeks or maybe longer due to all this cool weather and rain.
I found some Half Frees today and a few gray's.Some are finding some yellows here and there and it will get better for yellows soon.
Good luck.
Latt
Attachments:

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 12 years 11 months ago #9589

Finally made time to get out today for a serious shroom hunt. Saw some wild seng that has finally made its' way out of the ground too. Saw lots of blood root and some goldenseal and countless other plants as well. I really needed a day by myself in the woods. I got out for about 3 hours this morning and then had to stop to run a few erands, and then gout out for about another 3 hours this evening.
Attachments:

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 12 years 11 months ago #9590

That first pic was from this mornings hunt. The second is from this afternoon.
Attachments:

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 12 years 11 months ago #9599

Very nice 5prong! Our morel season is done here, but it was sure fun while it lasted.
Lenno

Re:Morel Mushroom Hunting 12 years 11 months ago #9611

Morel Spore Water,
Two years ago my buddy took Morel Spore Water that I gave him from the UNSALTED morel soak water from the sink, After I am done soaking the morels I remove them and then scoop the Morel Spore Water into a empty clean milk jug.
He poured a gallon around his Apple tree that has never produced morels. Well this year he has got over 40 nice grays and yellows off the drip line of that one apple tree in his yard.
So it only makes sense that the spores would be in the water and eventually create mushrooms.
I know we use mesh bags so the spores can be released into the air. But I bet a lot of good spores go down the drain every year.
Just a tip if anyone is interested.
Latt

Also this is my same buddy below showing these mushrooms from his apple tree that came from the spore water. If he looks familiar he is the same fella that is on the first post on this morel mushroom thread just a year older. lol
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

Who's Online

We have 169 guests and no members online

Login