2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: anybody

anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38721

getting the itch to get some dirt under their fingernails....getting closer to dig time...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38722

Amen to that brotha

Re:anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38723

I've been looking at last years pics on my phone a lot lately..:lol:, and my scalp has been rather itchy, and it's not dandruff, I think..:unsure: Really looking forward to a new season! Hope all you guys have a rewarding, but most of all safe season!

Re:anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38724

Hoping for a good season here Chief, hearing the prices might be low though.

Re:anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38726

I hope we all have a good season...prices are always subject to change.. lol.

Re:anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38729

Yup, end of July my seng thoughts go up a notch or two.

Re:anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38736

me too, especially after finding this patch yesterday, I hadn't had too much luck finding new places to scout this spring and summer.

Re:anybody 7 years 8 months ago #38740

very nice.. squirrel season comes in here next week so I hope to be in the woods and get some scouting done too

Re:anybody 7 years 7 months ago #38753

WesternPaBilly,

Wow!! What a patch. Lots of red and green berries/seeds in there too. I found a patch similar to that about 7 years ago with over 100 old 4 prongs and have transplanted some of them to other locations. I left some there and they are still growing. So hard to dig up a beautiful spot like that one as they are few and far between.

On the other hand hopefully all those seeds get planted and 30 years from now the patch you found will be there again if you choose to dig them.

Anymore it's hard to leave a spot like that as you know someone else may dig it anyway.
Thanks,
LAtt

Re:anybody 7 years 7 months ago #38754

yes there is an awful lot of sang there in a quite small patch, I looked at a 1939 aerial map and noticed that where the patch was, was the only place in 1939 where there were any large trees, the area around it looked to be cut out or was farmland then

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Who's Online

We have 450 guests and no members online

Login