2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Mississippi Ginseng

Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 6 months ago #23996

I just joined yesterday... Are there any other ginseng hunters, growers, or buyers from Mississippi on here?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 6 months ago #24515

Hmmmm... I must be the only one!

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 6 months ago #24516

Mississippi..

I don't recall any others posting here from Mississippi.

I am from southern middle TN and most of the time I am the most southern one posting regular.

Occasionally someone will post form Alabama, but I don't recall a Mississippi poster.

Welcome to the board.

I bet your seng is up down there first week in march (if you plant stratified seed).

Here at my place I find a few 3 leafers up right around March 20 every year. Sometimes alittle earlier.

TNhunter

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 6 months ago #24567

I am over in N. GA and thought I was the most southern grower. First I heard of from MS.

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 6 months ago #24569

You guys have the deep south award! Welcome to the forum!

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 6 months ago #24571

This has been a good growing year here in GA with all the rain and cooler temperatures. Also, had a high rate of success with newly emerging plants.

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 6 months ago #24589

I'm 125 miles south of the Tennessee State line... I planted some seeds the first week of February and some of them were up by the first week of March. The wild plants didn't come up until about the first week of April.

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 2 months ago #27260

Hello Mississippi, I joined yesterday. I am at the border of the Delta. Would love to hear from anyone that may have knowledge of seng being grown this far South or if it is even feasible.

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 2 months ago #27261

What county are you in? I'm in Choctaw County and it occurs naturally here. I planted some wild simulated this past spring. It'll be interesting to see how much of it survived the drought we had in late summer.

Re:Mississippi Ginseng 10 years 2 months ago #27263

I'd be interested in how much naturally occurring 'Sang you know of there! Please keep us posted on your growing there in the Deep South....

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 491 guests and no members online

Login