2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Handheld GPS Units

Handheld GPS Units 12 years 6 months ago #14543

Forgive me if I am rehashing a subject that's already been here, but I'm having a difficult time deciphering the various GPS units and their value/usefulness.

I am considering buying a handheld GPS unit to use in the woods while hunting ginseng (among other activities). I am routinely in mountainous areas and tree cover. I would like a GPS unit that I can mark my vehicle (so I dont get lost!) and to mark seng areas so I can return at a later date.
I have been reading about various models/features and to be honest, the more I read about them, the more confused I seem to become.
Could you guys and gals recommend a mid-price range handheld GPS unit that is reliable and user-friendly?
Thanks in advance and God bless.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Handheld GPS Units 12 years 6 months ago #14547

DarrinG,

Below is a link to a post where we discussed that some a while back.

TNhunter

www.wildgrown.com/index.php/Ginseng-Foru...o-you-use.html#11538

Re:Handheld GPS Units 12 years 6 months ago #14548

PS - if you are not in a big hurry to get one - you might consider waiting until one of those big SALE days like Black Friday or Just before Christmas.

I got mine last year just before Christmas and they had really marked down the price and I got free shipping too.

TNhunter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds

Who's Online

We have 517 guests and no members online

Login