2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41769

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41770

Beautiful fish there Wild. I bet that will be some good eating. Never had trout myself... but had a lot of bass, crappie, catfish, black perch, chain pickerel, and even some notty suckers... they have all been good to me. Hard to beat those crappie.

It has been quite warm here (middle TN) the past few days... but just a week or two ago we were getting lows around 15 degrees. Now I am getting the itch to go fishing.
It has rained so much here lately the river and creeks are all up and rolling. No good for fishing when they are like that.

Congratulations on getting out there and catching some supper !

TNHunter

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41771

Thanks TN, I put some blackened redfish magic seasoning on them, and fried them in a cast iron skillet with butter. Some really good eating. You're right about those crappie they are hard to beat as well. Hope your rivers clear up soon and you're able to get back into it!

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41772

nice catch 44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41777

For a really simple seasoning mix that works great for blackened fish, or chicken or pork... even veggies.

I make my own... equal parts salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.

I have a big shaker that I just dump a table spoon of each in there and then stir it up... and shake it on... taste great.

If you want to kick it up a notch... add another equal part of cyan pepper in the mix.

TNHunter

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41778

Sounds good TN, thanks for the info! I really like the lemon pepper seasoning on trout as well.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41787

I've been doing a little gold prospecting this past month. The water has been to high to really get in the river much, but I've been doing a good bit of bedrock crevicing along the banks and finding some nice pieces. It's a fun way to prospect without totally wearing yourself out, and the gold seems to be bigger down in the cracks and crevices, although not finding as many pieces as I do sluicing the river.

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41788

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41789

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41790

that is some good colors in your pan....

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Who's Online

We have 177 guests and no members online

Login