2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 7 months ago #41266

Just a word of encouragement guys. Nature takes care of her own. Before people started planting/replanting seeds, ginseng survived. It will continue to do so. Those who garden are all to familiar with planting crops and one year being overrun with produce and yet another year barely getting anything. I've learned not to sweat the small stuff. And in reality, it is small stuff. No one is guaranteed of tomorrow. One could have an untimely death, become incapacitated in some fashion or whatever may come our way. The best way to look at the ginseng you have planted is that you are ensuring the future for someone else. Many times seeds are sown by one generation and the benefits aren't reaped until future generations. This is true of ginseng and life in general.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 7 months ago #41269

went out in the shop this morning and put a new handle in my digging trowel ...a week from today i'll see if I like the new handle.....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 7 months ago #41289

well, hope it decides to cool down a little before season gets here. It's 93 here today and suppose to be hot all week. Going to check out a new deer hunting lease tomorrow should be fun in the heat, lol.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 6 months ago #41291

been hot here too 44.opening day they are calling for thunder storms......

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 6 months ago #41299

just seen the 7 to 10 day outlook for the weather for here....not great for digging...highs in the 90's, high humidity...looks like early morning digging for me for the next week.........

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 6 months ago #41300

yeah, same here as well. Seems like early September is always hot and humid. I think I will get in there early and be out by afternoon that's the plan anyway. Haven't done any scouting so should be interesting. Hope you get into it thick this year chief. Have a great and safe season!

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 6 months ago #41301

thanks 44.same to you..it will cool down soon enough I guess.....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 6 months ago #41302

Chief & 44 I hope you guys have a safe and productive season this year! I have the same wishes for us all. Unfortunately, I can't have any sympathy on your weather woes (tongue in cheek) as I have 16 more days before I get to engage in this passion we all have! My goodness gracious the suspense is killing me. I guess I'll have to whet my appetite on all the photos that will get posted until then. Stay hydrated and keep digging!

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 6 months ago #41303

thanks Carl,i hope the time passes fast for you and you can get to the woods......

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 1 month ago #41768

Well, it got up to 82 degrees today unbelievable for February. I decided to hit the river for a few hours this afternoon, and scored a couple nice trout. The water was crystal clear. I caught myself looking for snakes already it was so warm, lol.

Attachments:

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Who's Online

We have 503 guests and no members online

Login