2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41230

This is what you call a Tennessee baby gold nugget. Hey, this ain't California, lol, but California don't have Ginseng either.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41232

Nice gold!..always wanted to try gold panning.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41233

Thanks datwood!, It is a fun hobby. You sure won't get rich doin it, but there's nothing like seeing that gold pop up in your sluice box or pan. Everything I've learned about gold prospecting, and I'm not ashamed to say this, has been from watching youtube videos. If you live near a gold bearing creek or river give it a try. Just remember to dig Deep the gold will be lying along the clay layer or bedrock.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41239

turned my little dog out this morning..she ran a circle in the yard and come treed hard in my peach tree..we got the peach eating intruder...

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41240

Looks like he messed with the wrong peach tree. Well, just about 2 more weeks the woods are callin my name. Should be prime this year. We've had good rainfall and humidity now I just gotta find the seng and battle those hills...:pinch:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41246

seasons getting close,iam going to scout a woods this afternoon....I hope...

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 7 months ago #41262

Good luck to you this season chief! I took a little day trip over the mountain to Cherokee North Carolina couple days ago. Man, my mouth was watering looking at all those lush hollars and ridges, lol. Of course you can't hunt seng there being national park, but was fun to think about. Can't wait to get out and roam the woods in a week or so.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 7 months ago #41263

i scouted another woods a couple days ago...I know one thing..the seng ive seen has few to no berries on the plants...don't know if this was caused by the late spring we had or not.....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 7 months ago #41264

Chief...

Last year I had a good crop of berries on my seed bed plants, and my wild sim.

This year, my wild sim has some berries.... but most of my seed bed plants (big old seng) have few to none.

We had a good growing season here... up thru end of July, but then it got very hot and very dry for weeks... right when seng berries are starting to make.

I am not sure exactly what accounts for the shortage of berries on my seed bed this year, but it is as low as I have ever seen it.

TNHunter

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 7 months ago #41265

TN,iam not sure what happened here but I scouted a woods about a week ago,looked at probably 100 plants and seen a total of maybe 20 seeds.the bigger plants didn't have any seeds on them..

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Who's Online

We have 488 guests and no members online

Login