2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Fall, Spring, and Winter hunting/fishing

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41162

sure has been hot here.got a ground hog making a home under my shop floor...iam on a removal mission .......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41163

Heat and humidity has been unreal here too. Suppose to be in the 90's everyday this week. Funny you mentioned a ground hog. My grannie has one that's been raising hell in her garden. We've been trying to trap it, but got another guest instead, lol.

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41164

44 that's a nice grinner..my ground hog has out foxed me so far but iam still after him.. I had a coon this morning in my live trap. I relocated him to a new woods....

Last Edit: by Chieftain.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41165

Nice catch there!, never know what you're gonna get in those traps. Those ground hogs can be tricky to catch, suckers are fast too. Best way to get em is with a .22, but who has time to watch the garden all day and night. They destroyed our pumpkin patch and cabbage early on this season, still got plenty of green beans, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers though. I guess you take some and give some, lol.

Last Edit: by wildspirit44.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41166

got him.....

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41181

sure been nice weather the last several days..iam going to get out and scout a couple woods and see how the seng looks..

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 9 months ago #41182

Hope it's in there thick chief. This month is flyin by. I hope August does as well and isn't to dry. Sengin is definitely my favorite time of year.

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41227

put up 26 cups of white peaches this evening .when the snow flies this winter. iam going to have a peach cobbler.
.....i got to do something before diggen season starts

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41228

Yum, I had a killer peach pie last Sunday at my grannies. We eat there every Sunday I look forward to it all week, lol. I've been hittin the river and doing some gold sluicing. I think I found me a nice little honey hole. I've been working it on and off for a good while now, finally getting down to the bedrock where the better gold is. Good way to spend some extra time till Sept 1st.

Attachments:

Fall and Winter hunting/fishing 5 years 8 months ago #41229

Looks delicious Chieftan! My wife and I have canned 49 jars of strawberry, red raspberry and black raspberry jam, 22 quarts of green beans, and 12 pints of bread and butter pickles so far. Put 6 loaves of Zucchini bread in the freezer along with 4 zucchini parms and 3 eggplant parms. Will put a few more eggplant parms together. Put 6 bags of broccoli in the freezer. Just waiting on the tomatoes! Will can about 30 jars of those and a few jars of juice. Then we'll be waiting on the brussel sprouts! Nothing like home grown/canned food!

Time to create page: 5.266 seconds

Who's Online

We have 674 guests and no members online

Login