2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Same buyer

Re:Same buyer 15 years 5 months ago #825

Billy, I too plant seeds right there where the plant was.I have always wondered whether a guy should stick them in the ground alittle or just let them lay like they just fell off naturally.What do you think? I am starting a note pad of where I planted some of the seed and where I just let them lay in the leaves.I know this farm like the back of my hand but never went to the trouble of takeing notes and checking back over the years.Alot about wild ginseng that a guy can study and thats what I want to do some of. Any of you guys doing any testing of what happens in the wild ginseng world??let me know.Maybe like what birds eat the berries and if they can spread them like that? I want to do my part in keeping wild ginseng alive and well!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 5 months ago #827

I always take the tops with me. I tried sticking the tops back in the ground before, then circle back around, see one, go over to dig it and it turns out to be a top I've stuck back in the ground. I take my tops with me and cover my tracks well. I plant all berries back and only dig 4 prongs or very large 3 prongs. Sometimes I'll \"check\" a root by uncovering it just a little, and if its small I cover it back up.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 5 months ago #828

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
huntndig I plant mine one inch in the soil,and the others I just put under the edge of the leaves.

general I to agree to digging only mature plants.That is why we can dig year after year in the same Moutian.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 5 months ago #842

Billy, Have you ever kept close track of where you planted the seeds gone back and found that they did in fact come up.I am starting this year a note pad of where and what date I Planted seeds off of the big mother plants.Hopefully I can keep records and see how they do on the differant hill sides that I hunt.Always nice to see a big Mother plant bearing a wad of seed out in the middle of the deep woods.Do you know if certain birds or animals eat the seeds? Hope they spread them if they do! Good luck Deer hunting to you!

Re:Same buyer 15 years 5 months ago #856

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Huntndig there are two animals that I know that eat and respread the berrys through their dung.

1- groundhogs and deer (also bear,but most of the time they damage the seed to bad for reproduction according to what ive been told) but deer and ground hogs do very good.Did you ever notice how often you find seng near a moutian groundgog whole if not check that out next season.

2- Birds such as - Turkey (the best) and other birds to many to mention do a great job,and often after eating the berries dump the seed in areas like falling tree tops and thickets where they can land and rest from journeys,,thats alot of why we find seng in the tops and around the old trees.Gotta love Gods reproduction design in any form.

The seeds will come up thats forsure,I have some spots that I seng year after year,and seng will certianly reproduce.

Billy.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 5 months ago #861

Billy, Thanks for the info. You are right about finding root around groundhog holes.I found some nice 4 prongers around groundhog holes this year,I thought maybe thats how they got there.Good information for all that are serious hunters!Got to love any animal that will spread seng around.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 5 months ago #887

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
You are welcome huntndig.Yea God bless the groundhogs LoL :)

Billy.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds

Who's Online

We have 190 guests and no members online

Login