2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Same buyer

Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #784

Hey, this is my first post,glad to find a place where you can talk about ginseng.I have always sold my seng and yellow root to the same buyer in a small town close to me in Indiana. I guess I have always just trusted him for a fair price.I see some of you talking about selling on e_bay or buying just the big old roots.My question is Is it legal to sell on e-bay? Sounds like I missed the best year to dig last year. Had surgery and could'nt hit the woods.Went digging this year and will be lucky to sell for a good price.My buyer told me last week he would pay 300 a lb and doesn't know if the price will get any better.So guys sounds like we will have to wait and see if things get better on the money part.Let me know something about the e-bay thing thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #785

• ky digger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have been looking at selling on Ebay and if you have some big roots and you are willing to sell 3 or four ounces at a time, you may average around 400.00 to as high as 500.00 a pound. To get 500.00 a pound, you must have some roots that are very old or have green ginseng. I never thought of this but green ginseng is out selling dry. I have seen green ginseng sell for as much as 300.00 a pound. I have stated I would not sell for less than 500.00 a pound to all who post here. I stand behind this and will hold till next season.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #787

thanks ky digger sounds like to much trouble to sell on e-bay. I'll just sit on it.To bad i pick this year to dig on the family farm.I always give it a two or three year break before I dig on this land and could have waited longer. Oh well win some lose some.At least it was a blast since I didn't go last year.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #788

Hey Hunt,,,this is a good site. Lots of good post and some great pics. We dig up here in Minnesota,,,the dealer here said this week that he was still paying 400 per pound. We are sitting on ours to see what happens later in the year? We did not dig last year either,,,but will now get out every year till I die! I think to sell at all (e-bay, etc.) if you DON\"T sell to a Liscensed Buyer,,,you have to have a permit. I know in Minnesota that is only 5 dollars and permits me to buy or sell to un-liscensed dealers or buyers. I may be wrong,,but I think this the way it works. But we will sit on ours unless it gets crazy to like 1000 dollars per pound!!! But if you got any questions,,ask them on this forum,,lots of good guys with good knowledge and opinions. What state do you dig in? Happy Hunting!!

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #791

Thanks Northern for the info. Looks like I will stay with the same buyer that I have sold to over the years.By the way I'm in Indiana. The guy bought all my yellow root this year and I think he has done me right.So I will stay in touch with him and hope the price goes up on the seng.Sounds like you are hooked on diggin.I love it been diggin off and on all my life.It is a thrill every time you see a nice plant and dig out a big root. Just hope the price goes up before I have to sell! You in Minn. I have a brother that lives around the twin cities but have never been in Minn. myself. He likes it up there. Thanks again.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #798

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Huntndig I have never sold on e-bay im not sure at all about that.I to will sit on my seng untill the price is reasonable this year or next.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #806

Billy,
Sounds like you don't want to go to the trouble of splitting up roots and try and make some buyer happy with your big ole stuff.If they don't want to give a fair price for it all they can look else where or go out and hunt some up themselves.I saw your pics on the other page very nice ginseng.I found a few nice plants myself.I don't take a camera to the woods but will try to get some pics next year.I've always had a tradition of sticking the plant back in the ground for luck.If some poor sap comes along see the plant and digs it up to bad he souldn't be on this land anyway.Wish you luck with selling yours.Thanks for the reply about e-bay think I will stick with the same buyer.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #815

• sangman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
ya, I stick the plant back in the area dug too, I do it for luck I guess, but also feel that it will make the soil that much more \"ginsengable\" for its berry friends waiting to cut loose in the next years to follow. Takin the camera next year too, Billy has some great pics, I agree.

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #816

sangman, Funny how we have are little superstitions about sengin.Sometimes we need alittle luck when we are out sengin.If I could do alittle ginseng rain dance that would work I would be dancing up a storm. I have always stuck the plant back in the hole i dug the root out of. Superstition may go a long way don't you think??

Re:Same buyer 15 years 4 months ago #820

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys I love to find big pods of red berries and plant 2/3rds around that place that I found it,,,,,,and then ask the Lord to bless the rest and toss them into thickets or around huge trees that have fallen with old branches :)

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds

Who's Online

We have 370 guests and no members online

Login