2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: $$$$

$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #510

Talked to my local buyer yesterday....$325.00 to $350.00 a pound.Sang isn't moving very well right now.The market is glutted.The first day this buyer could buy [second Sat. in sept.]he bought 80 pound's..another buyer less than 50 miles from this buyer bought 100+ pounds opening day..maybe by mid-month there might be some upward movement on the price..The price has dropped every week since season opened....I know thats not what your wanting to hear...I wasn't liking it either....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #512

Thanks for the info Chief,,,,lets hope it jumps soon!

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #519

One more pounding rain and it will be over here.I went to a woods the other day [patch in the middle of nowhere]all the plants in there were just about gone.I left several because they were so far gone I knew no one would come in behind me and dig it.it will be bigger next year.

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #523

it's raining here .thats going to take a few out .....some were about gone anyway.....I'v got less than a pound left to dry and mine will be done.....

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #526

has anyone heard what the price is now,one guy was telling me he heard it had droped to $275 here in east ky but he did not know if it is true or not.

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #527

It could be that it has dropped again.I have another buyer I can call .

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #528

• Teresa Davis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We live in southern West Virginia, the price fell today from $400 to 280 a pound. My husbank has almost 5 pounds dry. Now just hoping to find someone still giving 400. If anybody knows anyone. Thanks

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #529

i have around 6 pounds dry and i sure hope it goes back up.

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #530

I spoke to my dealer yesterday, and the price is around $260 a pound here in east Tennessee. I was shocked, and asked why the sudden drop? He informed me that there was an oversupply from last year and early this year. Some of the larger dealers have hundereds of pounds that they cannot move. The Chinese have not yet sold all the ginseng from last year.

This may make more sense: Due to the high price of ginseng last year many people simply dug all the sang they could. Tennessee normally produces around 4000lbs of dried ginseng per year. Last year that number trippled to 12000lbs. North Carolina normally produces around 3000lbs per year, and last year that number more than trippled as well. The reason is simply supply and demand.

The good news is that long term the market will stablize, the bad news is that it may take around 3 years to do so. There has been alot of Sang dug everywhere over the last two years, so soon it will be harder for many people to come up with 2,3, or 6 pounds of dried wild ginseng. This will cause prices to go up as well in the future IMO. Unfortunately we may just have to take what we get this year.

Re:$$$$ 15 years 6 months ago #532

General ,I heard [and you can hear any thing]that last year that China bought 57,000 lb.'s of wild american sang.this year they are willing to import 70,000 pound's. I think they are buying at these depressed prices and then are holding it.which over flows the market....I think the market is still strong but they figure why give $500.00 a pound when we can get it for $300.00

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds

Who's Online

We have 1065 guests and no members online

Login