2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wisconsin Dealers?

Wisconsin Dealers? 8 years 5 months ago #37575

I have been harvesting for nearly 25 years and my local buyer has retired and I have contacted two other dealers within a 40 mile radius. They seem to have no prices for dry this year. I would like to sell mine as every year because I supplement my retirement with it.
Anyone know where I can sell it here or if I can sell it out of state? I am also looking for an idea on prices for this year.
My root is mixed since we were cleaned out by scavengers the last two years. I have some big root and some small and I normally sell it all at one time.
At 65 it isn't getting any easier to climb those hills and dig out the rocks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Wisconsin Dealers? 8 years 5 months ago #37576

Hello mariska, I know it can be tricky finding a good reputable dealer. If you have the same ginseng transport laws as we do in Tennessee you can't legally take the roots across state lines without a permit, and I think you have to have a dealers license to get a permit. However, if you have enough ginseng to make it worth while a lot of the bigger dealers will send someone to meet up with you. I know the prices everywhere this year are somewhat sketchy. Hope you find a good connection!

Re:Wisconsin Dealers? 8 years 5 months ago #37577

Try the Wisconsin dealers link listed at the left of this forum.

Re:Wisconsin Dealers? 8 years 5 months ago #37578

First off I don't have enough sang to get a dealers license and make it worth while. Secondly I have tried two of the names (closest to me) on the list and all they say is it will be sketchy as to prices.
All I want to do is to sell it at a reasonable price so I can meet my obligations I counted on this income for.

Re:Wisconsin Dealers? 8 years 5 months ago #37692

I would be happy to discuss buying your roots, I'm in WI. Please let me know the best way to contact you. Thanks!

Re:Wisconsin Dealers? 8 years 3 weeks ago #38091

any body looking for 6.5 # of certified wisconsin root

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Who's Online

We have 576 guests and no members online

Login