2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ky.prices

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37515

Just not a very good year for the ginseng market.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37553

Indiana is at $400 and $420. I'm sure the Chinese economy isn't helping us right now. I'm still holding out for awhile. Don't have a lot but do have some good root to sell. I'd hate to sell it for that price.

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37555

ohio at 450 to 500

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37569

anywhere from $350 to $400 dry in south central Ky.

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37574

I would like to see at least 600 this year, I'm gonna hold it until I see that much, or certify it and hold it over a year. No way I'm selling g old bulb roots for 400 a pound

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37657

Any update on ky prices

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37658

450 to 500 going up slow

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37666

Still at $400 dry here in south central Ky. I've talked to several other dealers and it's just not moving like it should due to China's reluctance to buy. I truly don't know what the outcome will be the next few weeks. It's anybody's guess.

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37670

still at 450 and up in east ky i just talked to 2 dealers today

Re:Ky.prices 8 years 6 months ago #37671

$450 is a very good price for Ky. root. This is a much different year than the last few. Foreign economies have struggled and capital has been devalued. May the lower price will cut back on the harvest next year. Quality is much more important than quantity. Keep only the nice unbroken roots and put the others back in the ground and the price will go up.
A good example of this is an offer I got recently. An exporter said he could pay $525 to $575 for northern Indiana roots, but if he could pick half what I had he would pay as much as $800. I would never do that, but this is the way it is. I did not sell any roots to these guys, but use this scenario only as an example. Find a good and fair outlet for your roots and stay with it. You will be far ahead in the long run. Good luck everybody.

Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Who's Online

We have 160 guests and no members online

Login