2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prices

Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37365

My buyer told me they wasn't buying seng this year about a week and half ago they called me back to inform me they was going to buy they'll be paying 400 a lb and they won't be going up any more then that any thoughts on that

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37366

Yep, my thoughts are to hold your seng, too much BS coming from dealers this year, either they are outright crooks or they simply don't know how to market and are dependant on higher dealers to set prices for them, either way its total BS.
Talked to a dealer last week and asked him what he was paying and he said anywhere from 250 down, i said thats better then most dealers are paying for fresh, he looked at me and said that was his dry price. Then he showed me some of the sang coming thru the door, much of it was very small and borderline illegal, I told him he shouldn't be buying that sang at any price. He said he may end up not making money if the seng quality didn't improve, i said good thats what you get for buying that crap. About 45 minutes later an asian lady called me and wanted to know if i could get her 15 lbs of fresh, out of curiosity i asked her what she wanted to pay for it, she told me 400 a pound, go figure. I told her to hit me up next year when i get a dealers license and tell her friends that i will be open for business.

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37394

I think BS is the right terminology here. I hear 500 a lb dry down to 250 and that's way to much discrepency for dealers to be that far apart. If they want to play games then maybe we should all hold out till near the end of the season and see how bad they want it this year.

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37402

:laugh: B) u just said it it's like selling fur nowadays and I sell nothing but top notch root no ?????? Asked

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37405

Wish I would have to pics then it would not been an argument at all

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37407

I'm just so sic of the bullshit it takes to sell good root any more only sell my sang every 5 to sell15 years u only live so long

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37482

Wow/Yikes.. I joined this forum to maybe find mature ginseng and \"buy American\" but by the sounds of it few people can be trusted. That's so American these days. To many crooks and scammers whatever the field / industry.

I think I'll just go back to a couple of trusted folks I found in S. Korea.

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37485

aworkofmarc wrote:

Wow/Yikes.. I joined this forum to maybe find mature ginseng and \"buy American\" but by the sounds of it few people can be trusted. That's so American these days. To many crooks and scammers whatever the field / industry.

I think I'll just go back to a couple of trusted folks I found in S. Korea.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet...

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37557

So K-duce, will you sign a contract which will guarantee me $1000/pound for all the ginseng I can provide you next fall? I would love to have such a contract!

K_duce wrote:

Yep, my thoughts are to hold your seng, too much BS coming from dealers this year, either they are outright crooks or they simply don't know how to market and are dependant on higher dealers to set prices for them, either way its total BS.
Talked to a dealer last week and asked him what he was paying and he said anywhere from 250 down, i said thats better then most dealers are paying for fresh, he looked at me and said that was his dry price. Then he showed me some of the sang coming thru the door, much of it was very small and borderline illegal, I told him he shouldn't be buying that sang at any price. He said he may end up not making money if the seng quality didn't improve, i said good thats what you get for buying that crap. About 45 minutes later an asian lady called me and wanted to know if i could get her 15 lbs of fresh, out of curiosity i asked her what she wanted to pay for it, she told me 400 a pound, go figure. I told her to hit me up next year when i get a dealers license and tell her friends that i will be open for business.

Re:Prices 8 years 5 months ago #37560

jus treat the batman fair .. he worked hard for it ! ;)

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds

Who's Online

We have 195 guests and no members online

Login