2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: If you sell your ginseng green

If you sell your ginseng green 8 years 7 months ago #36699

To all you diggers, Please try and keep your roots as whole as possible using a good digging tool. Try not to scrape or break the feeder roots off.
If you intend to sell the roots green DO NOT WASH the roots, just kind of shake the dirt off and keep in a container in the refrigerator until you are ready to sell.
Washing the green roots will make them rot in the frig.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:If you sell your ginseng green 8 years 7 months ago #36701

Thanks for the tips rootman. This is the first year I will be selling green. My buyers are recommending to also keep packed in some of the dirt from the immediate area. Any thoughts?

Re:If you sell your ginseng green 8 years 7 months ago #36702

Packing them in your seng native soil would be a good idea.

Re:If you sell your ginseng green 8 years 7 months ago #36714

Why is it that I always hear take the time and get all the feeder roots so indeed I do I get every last lil hair I can get then come time to sell and out of the two buyers I've sold to neither one seemed worried about them reach down crunch them and throw them in the bag kills me to put that much time into working every lil hair out of the dirt to watch it be crunched and smushed down in a bag like they don't even matter lol

Re:If you sell your ginseng green 8 years 7 months ago #36717

We are talking about green ginseng. For it to keep, it must be handled properly and look good for market just like apples or peaches or any other perishable goods.

Re:If you sell your ginseng green 8 years 7 months ago #36724

TN.Ginsenger wrote:

Why is it that I always hear take the time and get all the feeder roots so indeed I do I get every last lil hair I can get then come time to sell and out of the two buyers I've sold to neither one seemed worried about them reach down crunch them and throw them in the bag kills me to put that much time into working every lil hair out of the dirt to watch it be crunched and smushed down in a bag like they don't even matter lol

My buyers never \"crunch\" the roots. They are always very careful to not break anything if possible.

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Who's Online

We have 97 guests and no members online

Login